15 pounds in a month and 3 days?

Options
I lost 15 pounds in about a month and 3 days... is that normal? should I be worried?

Replies

• c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Your initial weight loss is quick and then it will slow down. Particularly if you are overcoming really bad eating and exercise habits. Rejoice at your initial success and let more come. Eventually it slows to about 1.5 pounds a week, or thereabouts.
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    Depending on how much you had to lose, it isn't horrible. About 4 years ago I lost 100lbs in 6 months.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Make the most of it while it lasts. It will slow down considerably.
  • chaneliexo
    Options
    I had 150 to lose, thanks guys!! :3
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds in about a month and 3 days... is that normal? should I be worried?
    Are you finding what your doing easy (do you feel you are getting enough food)? It is normal to lose a lot of weight on large calorie restrictions. If it's healthy to be on large calorie restrictions is argued. The larger you are the easier it is to lose quickly though. What amount do you have set to lose a week? Do you log and eat back your exercise calories? Since you're female if you are much below 2000 calories, my only worry would be nutrition and a slower pace tends to let the body/skin adjust easier.
  • chaneliexo
    Options
    im at 1500-1600 calories. i dont eat back. i have a pound and a half set. yes I get plenty of food.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    That's a great initial weight loss. Since you say you don't eat back your workout calories and you get plenty of food, then that's great but don't get discouraged when the loss isn't as quick. It will slow down but keep doing what you're doing!
  • chaneliexo
    Options
    That's a great initial weight loss. Since you say you don't eat back your workout calories and you get plenty of food, then that's great but don't get discouraged when the loss isn't as quick. It will slow down but keep doing what you're doing!
    thanks :) I wont just didnt think weight came off this fast.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds in 6 days a few weeks ago. So..... Sure.
  • chaneliexo
    Options
    holy lmao congrats:)
  • AliTomy
    AliTomy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The first bit always falls off faster. I lost 15lbs in just over 3 weeks...but it's already starting to slow down drastically. Just try not to get discouraged when the weight loss slows down! The closer you get to your goal the slower you will lose!

Good luck!!
  • mattw926
    mattw926 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost about that in a month too. Then it slowed way down to about a pound every 5 days.
  • laurabezzle
    Options

Wow, how did you do that?
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine and I would be stoked about that weight loss :)
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok I had lost that much in my first 3 weeks of my weight loss journey and my personal trainer told me it is normal.