Most Effective Exercise for Lower Abs?

Options
Hi everyone! Does anyone have a favorite/most effective exercise for the lower ab area? This is a challenging area for me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• rlong637
    rlong637 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this too, since i had 2 C-Sections, it aint perty down there... :sad:
  • niccimaxxx
    niccimaxxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Plank helps quite a lot.
  • edennnm
    Options
    I don't know if this helps lower abs but mine ached after
    I do . .

1 min normal plank
    1 min side plank
    1 min normal plank
    1 min other side plank
    1 min normal plank again
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    As others have said, planks are great. To make sure you're engaging the lower abs, here's a trick"

Get in the standard plank position. Bend your knees, tuck your butt under while pulling your navel in, then straighten your legs.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Hanging leg raises. youtube it =)
  • sassy3677
    sassy3677 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've found that leg throws really work the lower abs. Also love the inexpensive ab wheel I bought at target for working that area.
  • niccimaxxx
    niccimaxxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another one that is good....

Lay on your back with your hands tucked under your butt. Slowly lower your legs until they are 6" away from the ground. Then raise them back up. You will feel your lower abs tighten as your legs get closer to the ground. This exercise is also great if you can put something between your feet (exercise ball) as you have to concentrate on not dropping it and getting closer to the ground.

Good Luck!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Great suggestions! Also one of my favorites is pilates toe taps. Single leg version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlnfZBQwPaA. Double leg version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5EATvEM21Y.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's why I'm asking...I've had 2 C-sections also!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    toes to bar
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Planks are real good
  • jdx301
    jdx301 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weighted leg lifts. I often do them either hanging or on a bench using a dumbbell between my feet. I change it up using a resistance band sometimes as well.

You can also do it in the roman chair but i get a better contraction hanging or on the bench.

Love doing dragon flys as well, that really hit the lower abs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3BNGdMs2Fo
  • nerdyglasses15
    nerdyglasses15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    These exercises sound interesting!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Not just one exercise will tone your core. You need to work the entire core, including your lower back, to get the abs that you want! And it also includes cardio and nutrition. You can do any ab exercises you want, but without a lean eating plan, your efforts will fall flat! Feel free to friend me if you want any support or suggestions!
  • truckers_wife
    Options
    Bump!
  • Biskyt
    Options
    Work your abs everyday
  • aquaventure
    Options
    bump
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches, toe taps, pilates single and double leg stretch.....all good and you feel it for sure!!
  • jdx301
    jdx301 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not just one exercise will tone your core. You need to work the entire core, including your lower back, to get the abs that you want! And it also includes cardio and nutrition. You can do any ab exercises you want, but without a lean eating plan, your efforts will fall flat! Feel free to friend me if you want any support or suggestions!

I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that, question was which exercises target the lower region the most.

Another one i love doing is plate v-ups. I usually just use a 45lb plate. Crunch up with the plate and touch toes to it.

Resistance band hanging knee raises is another one i love.