When is a good time to weigh yourself?

Options
Hi!

Just curious, how frequent do you weigh yourself?

For example:- once a week/month or twice a week etc

Thanks for all your replies!

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    It depends on your personality. I liked watching the fluctuations, so I used to weigh daily (it gets kind of boring after a while). Some people are freaked out by fluctuations and only do once a week or even once a month. The important thing to remember is that weight loss isn't linear.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after you've gone to the bathroom, but before you shower. And definitely sans all clothing.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Once a month in the morning is when I weigh
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after you've gone to the bathroom, but before you shower. And definitely sans all clothing.
    This^^
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I weigh a few times a week. Officially on a Monday. Half way through the week to see how I am going... But then I don't get freaked out by fluctuations so it's fine. On my official weigh ins I use a day after 2 low sodium days, In the morning, naked after using the bathroom. Lol. I don't see a need to weigh every single day. Your body fluctuates so much, and if your always wondering why it's going to get pretty exhausting!

Zara x
  • GainsAndGuitars
    Options

Yup
  • absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week in the morning :) Also, I usually do it on saturdays! That way I steer clear of temptations when I know that I'm making progress :)
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options

This. And I weigh at the end of the day before I put my jammies on, too, so I can see how the day treated me. Plus, it's so cool to see how much LESS you weigh after sleeping.
  • wondernurse
    Options
    I weigh every couple of days...in the morning.
  • boundarychicka18
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning :)
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options

This...and every Monday morning :smile:
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I personally like to weigh myself once a week, in the morning, twice:

- Once as the previous poster mentioned, at my lightest and,
    - Once after I am showered and dressed (without shoes)

When I go to the doctor's office, they weigh me clothed but without shoes. I like to know what this weight is.

Chalk it up to a personal quirk...
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    as little as possible because i get obsessive about it but like others said first thing in morning no clothes and definitely not while i have my AF
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday mornings, post-bathrom, pre-shower, naked.

I weigh myself 3 times and take best two out of three. For example, this morning, I was 243, 244, 244, so I recorded 244.
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Stamp that! This is a great way for me to gauge how my body reacts to certain foods I've eaten. I track my weight and workouts on a daily calendar, but I only pay attention to my Saturday weight.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    In the mornings, whenever I am feeling "lighter" lol. I try hard not to get freaked out by fluctuations but I do find them frustrating even if it probably is only the water I have drank up to that point!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day but it was messing with my head. I put the scale away and am weighing once a week now.

Friday AM - after I pee, after my shower.

It's working so far!
  • throttle2009
    Options
    In the morning first thing...after you go to the bathroom and shower for work!...then weigh yourself. At least for the first month or so. Then about twice a week same routine after that.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    People say it's bad, but usually every morning (after using the restroom, no clothes.) After losing and gaining so much weight over the years, the fluctuations don't freak me out or anything. It's sort of monotonous, but I just like to know.
    I only record it about once a week, though.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning is when I do it.