Newbie! Friends Wanted!

Options
Hi! I'm looking for supportive people and people to support! I have about 30 pounds to go!

So, I end up doing really well within the first 10 pounds and then fall off the wagon! Usually because I love sugar...and coffee...and usually sugary lattes steal the show! ;) I've been logging on and keeping track for a couple of days now but it would be nice to have some people around the site I can keep up with.

I'm 25, going to school and working, so things get a little hectic but I'm in this for the long run. Becoming more healthy is my goal. I'm not really the 'super model' type, :D I've given up on that awhile ago! But! I would like to be more active and trim down! I'm WAY more about the natural way of eating and losing weight and very interested if anyone has any good advice!

Also! I'm very interested in what you guys are doing nutritionally- has anyone gone the weight loss supplement route? Green tea? 5-HTP which is Dr. OZ's new thing ( I just randomly heard about this) or are you just all around eating healthy? Anywho, if you would like to be friends let me know!

Replies

• powership00
    powership00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Natasha, i have tried Dr. Oz's remedies but really didn't have any success with any of it. I do use green tea when I use a two-day jump start once a month, but mainly follow a 1600 calorie diet. A little more if I work out, but mainly go over with protein to feed my muscles within 30 minutes of my workout.

I just started back using MFP (I had a three month hiatus) and you are more than welcome to look at my daily logs. I would start with today's, because the last couple of weeks have sucked. I am going to lose 100 lbs, and am about halfway there.

A couple of things we have in common are coffee, Michigan and the "Super Model" thing.

Sean
  • kirstine0
    kirstine0 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on 1200 cals as well but I'm stuck at only a 1.5kg loss. Please add me in I need help.
  • gish27
    gish27 Posts: 78
    Options
    best of luck with your goals
    feel free to add
  • ajhumbird
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about 30lbs to go as well. I work and go to school and raise 3 kids. I am striving for a healthier me and family as well as trimming down.
  • chamberlain0037
    Options
    Hi my name is Barbara and I had gastric Bypass surgery last June...I'm looking to write with you in regards to positive feedback on loosing weight....
  • laport63
    Options
    good morning glad its monday! dieting works better for me through the week when my family is gone to work and school! will be glad to hep motivating you i have a good feeling about my diet this time with the support of my friends here and i think you will do well too laport63:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Alishia28
    Alishia28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Natasha. Feel free to add me as well. I'm 43 and have about 47 lbs to go. I've completely changed my eating habits and am choosing healthy organics. I haven't felt this good in a very long time. I'm also here for motivation and support. A friend and I are doing this together at work as well as working out with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. We are on week 2 as of today. Feeling great! Welcome!!!
  • sniker_doodles
    Options
    add me I'm happy to suffer this with you. and by suffer I mean I know how the 1200 cal in take is effecting me. I love me some sweets. I am a baker
  • Angeleyes05
    Angeleyes05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Anyone who needs motivation can feel free to add me! i am on daily and will give as much support as posible. love receiving the support as well. but all in all i am on day 30 of my journey and plan to keep going... i want this more than anything.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've been here for 380 days ("LilacDreamer has logged in for 380 days in a row!")

There is no quick fix, magic pill or miracle to weight loss. Dr Oz is paid to endorse all of that stuff. He has a new product every day. If you were to buy everything he endorses, you'd be broke in a couple of weeks.
  • xBethanyJadex
    Options
    Hi Natasha, my name's Bethany. Welcome to MFP!!
    I try to eat as healthily as I can but I still allow myself a treat (almost everyday) only something little though. And this does work trust me because I managed to lose 7lbs in my first week, never let yourself go hungry!
    I try to fit in a 45 minute walk everyday as well, which is really nice as I always take my niece and her dog.
    The supplements I take everyday is a multivitamin with iron tablet with my breakfast, co-enzyme q10 with my lunch and a zinc tablet with my dinner. I am also drinking a honey and cinnamon tea morning and evening which can help you lose weight without even changing your diet.
    I hope this helps and I've sent you a friend request. x

36849318.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter