Kinda Sorta an NSV

Options
Stenobun
Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
So the other day I was at work and a coworker who knows I've been working hard to lose weight was talking about my exercise routine. I mentioned that it's really working, as I've lost nearly 40 pounds now. He said, "Oh, you've got a long way to go." Ouch. The NSV part comes in because, while I definitely won't be forgetting that comment anytime soon, six months ago it would have sent me sobbing in my car for half an hour, whereas now I just said, "Yeah, I do, but I'll get there." I've learned that I'm not defined by being overweight and that other people's opinions mean nothing because I'm doing what I need to do.

Replies

• TineeLambrini
    TineeLambrini Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What an arsehole!!! You are doing so well, so just ignore him. No matter how far you have left to go, just keep going. The guy is clearly bitter or jealous and obviously doesn't feel so great about himself if he has such a negative outlook. That is his problem, not yours. Keep up the good work.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new mindset and yes, that guy was indeed an *kitten*!! I often wonder if people do not realize they are being rude or do they just not care?
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My friend had something similar happen to her last week where she works. People can be so rude! Good for you to use that as motivation!
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What a jerk.

I always like to keep this in mind: We can fix the things on the outside (diet, exercise, some people even have cosmetic surgery), but people like him are ugly on the inside, and stay that way forever.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The journey is mostly mental.. This is totally an NSV because you know exactly where you are and exactly where you want to be and you won't let one dumbass keep you down! :D

WTG! You are kicking *kitten*!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!