I Think I'm Injured :(

Options
So I was doing my Level 2 Shred this morning and during the twisty jump things (god knows the technical term for them!) I got a massive pain in one side of my back - a bit like a cramp. I had to stop and wait for it to pass and then was able to carry on but it continued to be a bit sore.

Now it's 2 hours later and it is still sore, it's like a constant ache, as if the cramp has bruised my muscles?

I'm really gutted! I am so enjoying my 30 Day Shred and really don't want to miss a day with this stupid pain. What should I do? (apart from see how it goes). If it feels ok in the morning should I still do my shred? Has anyone else had this happen? And if so how long did it take to feel better?
-x-x-

Replies

• dellroyy
    dellroyy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If its a back muscle pain, I would get it seen to before doing more exercise. If you are twisting and jumping you could have pulled a muscle. If this continues to spasm you could end up in worse pain.

It of course maybe nothing and you can continue. But after pulling a muscle in my back, i did not get it seen too. It took 8 weeks, 16 trips to physio, gentle traction and a lot of stretching exercises to get it right again. And I was only 29 at the time.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! I will have a word with my Dad today as he is a sports therapist/physio and I've had traction and massage before for a trapped sciatic nerve. He might be able to help me with some treatment.

Thanks again! I'm so upset about this :(
    -x-x-