Insanity

Options
Hey does anyone know how to calculate insanity?? Or what its considered?? I considered it high impact aerobics?? Or is it circuit training?? any ideas??
Thanks all

Replies

• Lauradeabreu27
    Options
    Hey Russell9386, I use this site to help give me a good idea of how many calories I am burning from the Insanity videos!

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises

Hope it helps :)
  • russell9386
    russell9386 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you!!!!
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You really have to have a Heart Rate Monitor. I recommend one with a chest strap. The other ones are pretty much crap. Its really the only way to know the calories you are burning. Everyone is so different based on height, weight, age, etc. I guess that's why its not in the MFP database. Hope that helps
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would get a monitor with a strap. I use the new balance pearl from target. The calories I burn vary every exercise. It is still only an estimate though.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    With how inconsistant you'll be going during insanity there really is no way to estimate it correctly without a HRM. Some days you'll take more breaks than others, some days you'll make it to 82% of your heart rate and others you'll slug around 65-70 the whole time. Chest strap heart monitor is a good way to go. It's considered High intensity interval, but if you absolutely can not get one, aerobics might be your best bet like you said, but I would definitely count every single break, cant say you did 60 minutes of aerobics if some days you take more breaks and others you take only the alloted ones. My HRM was around 40, not nearly as fancy as some with the bells and whistles but it seems to be pretty consistant I think.