My Nemesis - Cake :(

Options
Good Morning, I've been doing the food watching thing for awhile, every time I have great progress, and feel I've got everything under control, I'm invited somewhere, and cake is being served.

I can turn down cookies, pastries, donuts, candy etc. But when it comes to cake (espeically with buttercream frosting) I just can't help myself. I've tried avoiding places where I know it's being served, but I just can't help myself, if ti's there I always have at least one slice (sometimes more).

Does anyone else have this happen, where there's just ONE thing, that gets you, and if so, do you have any helpful tips and tricks out there to avoid that one thing?

Thanks~

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how often do you go somewhere where said cake is served?

if its once a week or less, then fit it into your cals... walk 20 minutes extra a day to earn the cake and enjoy it!!! no big deal!

if its every day however, you just have to suck it up (not the cake!!!) and say no!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are if you are going somewhere where cake is being served - say a birthday party - eat before you go and let yourself have a small piece and enjoy it - as long as you eat it in moderation then you will be fine. its better to allow ourselves a little of what we like then cutting ourselves off and then gorging on it later. I can do fine around most foods but do like a sweet treat occasionally so I will fit it in -usually something like ice cream or milkshake etc... I fit the item into my calories for that day and enjoy it -but its a treat I will have occasionally.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Try making angel food cake with a meringue frosting. It may help is your cravings.....your still eating cake and the calories can be controlled and generally on the lower side comparatively speaking.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ooooh.... Costco cake! I would NEVER turn it down but then I don't get offered it that often.

If you can fit it in your macros once a week then go for it! Perhaps you'll enjoy it more then too, and really appreciate its moist, creamy goodness! Lol.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    In what magical land do you live that there's always cake? I'm half jealous, half happy that I don't get offered cake that much.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    That one thing for me is.....FOOD//I love to cook and man do I love all types of food...have to work it into your calorie count and minimize those crazy days.
  • Cmeitsmiss
    Cmeitsmiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work for an accounting firm, and there are celebrations for everything, and for every celebration there's usually cake, so about once a week, there's a sheet cake somewhere around. I do my best to stay away, as I know I have a hard time stopping at one piece. I don't make or keep cake anywhere at home, so that I'm not tempted there.

When I do indulge, I do go walking as to help burn some of those extra calories. So it doesn't usually throw me off too much.

I was kind of hoping, I wasn't the only person out there who has that one thing they can't resist ;)
  • Cmeitsmiss
    Cmeitsmiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options

if its every day however, you just have to suck it up (not the cake!!!) and say no!

I love this!! Thanks~ :love:
  • misselemental
    misselemental Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OMG Yes cake is my weakness!! When I see it something inside me just says "Feed me Seymour!". Can't hurt to treat yourself to a bite now and then as long as its within your goals like the other posters have said :wink: