how to drop 2 pant sizes in a month!

Options
Hi! So I have come to the decision that I WILL lose weight! I am trying to get in shape and go down to pant sizes in a month (for spring break)! I am going to eat 1,200 calories a day and burn 500 calories on the treadmill, does this sound like a good plan? Do you have any other tips/ advice for me to help me reach this goal? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no, it doesn't sound like a good plan. If you're burning 500 calories on the treadmill, you need to eat most of those calories back.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Train hard and eat more.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Train hard and eat more.

This.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Most on this site will tell you this is a terrible plan, and I agree with them.
    It's also a pain in the *kitten* to burn 500 calories on the treadmill every day. Wasted time and energy.
    Either eat a lot more and lift heavy or eat a little above your BMR and do a reasonable amount of daily cardio (like an hour of walking or 25-minutes of intervals).
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1200 is too low to eat at the best of times, let alone while exercising.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    You could do that and would probably lose some weight. But this very well might lead to unsustainable weight loss and binge eating.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Back before I knew anything about muscle loss, I lost 30 pounds in 3 months (and 6-8 sizes) just by drinking tons of water, eating more fiber (which meant eating less overall without being hungry), and taking a 30-minute walk every day. Since I wasn't lifting, I ended up losing weight fast, but was what some might call "skinny-fat." Many people would be totally fine with being skinny-fat, and if you think you are one of those people, then don't worry about doing any lifting. I will warn you, however, that the weight started creeping back on right away when I didn't have time for the daily exercise.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Are you only trying to lose weight for spring break? Then no, your plan won't work and I guarantee youll give up before you reach your goal. Why? It just doesn't make sense. Eat clean, VARY your exercise (honestly just doing the treadmill is useless) and cut out sugary drinks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the other posts (except for the one saying the treadmil does nothing, that's not true). This is not a healthy plan and is likely not sustainable.

BUT, if you really expect to drop 2 pants sized in one month, you will probably have to do something this extreme. Of course, if you plan to eat and drink on Spring break you can likely expect to spend most of your break bloated and looking like you haven't lost all that much.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    2 pants sizes in a month would be about 20 pounds - give or take. Safe weight loss is 2lbs/week, and that's only if you have a lot to lose - if they are "vanity" pounds (if you are already of normal weight range), you'll lose slower by doing what you are doing - starving your body makes you retain the weight, not lose it.

Calculate your TDEE, eat 10% under it, eat healthily and train 3-4 days a week - you'll more than likely be down 1 size in a month, not two - but that's ok, it's not a race.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    No that isn't a good plan.

1200 calories is far too low for the majority of people as it is... that plus burning 500 calories a day through exercise is not a safe way to lose weight. You will be netting far too low amounts of calories daily. You will lose, but a large portion of that will be lean mass and water, not fat.

One month is not enough time to lose so much... especially if you are smaller to begin with. You didn't put the weight on quickly so stop expecting to lose it quickly.