Cellulite... Does it go with weightloss?

Options
Hi there,

Just a quick question about cellulite/ dimply skin. As the weight comes off, does that go as well? As long as I can remember I have had this, so I was wondering if this gets less with the weight loss?

Thanks

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. Not a helpful answer, I know, but that's the truth. If you've always had it, it probably won't go away, though it may become less obvious.
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't believe cellulite fully goes away. Cellulite is fat cells and they shrink when you lose weight or get bigger when you gain weight. I use to weigh 200 pounds and had it bad on my legs, as I lost weight I noticed the cellulite getting smaller. It's still there, just not as noticeable. I also like being tan because it hides the cellulite too.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In my experience it reduces with exercise, not necessarily weight loss, but exercise and fat loss.

Mine is melting away while I'm doing insanity!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Not just with weight loss but exercise. Strength training helps a ton! I don't think it completely goes away (hasnt for me anyways) but def looks a lot "smoother" with muscle under it rather than fat :) So I guess the answer is, kind of, depending on your workout routine.
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    Strenght Training and Nutrition .... . I've also always had it on my thighs and butt. It's almost completely gone on my thighs and reduced alot on my rear. Everyone's diff but there is hope lol Good luck to you.
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    I wish mine would!

It seems more obvious to me the smaller I have become! Might just be me more aware of it because all I could see previously was flab flab and more flab?

I bought a really good body brush and some lovely nivea firming creme from amazon and brush my legs twice a day ...seems to help a bit and my skin at least feels better than it did.

Glucosamine supplements (good for joints) is also reported to help improve cellulite...how true that is I have no idea, it has helped my joints though lol time will tell if it improves the dreadful orange peel.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The reason some people get cellulite and others don't is that cellulite is caused by the way the fat cells adhere to the skin on some people. For others it does not adhere to the skin. So when your fat cells get smaller, the bumps get smaller. Both losing weight and toning will help the look of skin prone to cellulite. For many it eventually is not noticable- it also depends on where you carry your fat. If you carry most of your fat in your thighs, then you will continue to have cellulitis unless you get too thin in other areas.
  • IHsmiley
    Options
    Strenght Training and Nutrition .... . I've also always had it on my thighs and butt. It's almost completely gone on my thighs and reduced alot on my rear. Everyone's diff but there is hope lol Good luck to you.

What foods can help reduce it?
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    Options
    I'm hoping mine will become less visible. So far, it hasn't. :sad:
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options

What foods can help reduce it?
    [/quote/]

The more crap you shove in your body the more it will look like crap....unless you're truly blessed lol
    Not everything you read is true and im not a nutritionist but it seems logical.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/130259-foods-reduce-cellulite/
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I have always had cellulite on outside of my thighs. I have lost a lot of weight and still have cellulite. I look great in clothes but... hate a bathing suit. Has anyone done the laser lipo to get rid of cellulite???
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    It gets better with weightlifting/fat loss.
    There is no food you can eat, or pill you can take to help with cellulite.
    I hear massage helps too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It gets better with weightlifting/fat loss.
    There is no food you can eat, or pill you can take to help with cellulite.
    I hear massage helps too.

^^yep
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Even as a very skinny teenager, I had some.

It's less noticeable now, at 40 and weighing a good 25 pounds more than I did then. I credit strength training.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Another vote for strength training.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Even as a very skinny teenager, I had some.

It's less noticeable now, at 40 and weighing a good 25 pounds more than I did then. I credit strength training.

This, I assure you I've been skinny for most of my whole life and had giant flabby hanggy arms (5'7 and 90-120 most of my life)...now I have slightly smaller firm non jiggly arms thanks to a little strength training.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Massages really help. I managed to allmost get rid of it, but it took a long time and lots of money. I wish I had just went to the gym instead, but it's never too late.