"Best" 20-minute workout

Options
I've just started my sixth month of Insanity. I absolutely LOVE this workout!!! I did month 1, then month 2, the first round, just as recommended. The second time, I did month 1 twice, and then month 2. Now I'm back to month 1. I've lost twenty pounds, and am just getting such good results. I currently work out first thing in the morning, before I go to work, which works best for me. Right now, I am making fitness my #1 priority, but I would also like the ability to be a bit more flexible in the future. After my mom had her four children, she got back into amazing shape by doing the "20-minute workout" that was televised each morning. She said it was a very intense, but short workout, which worked with her schedule as a stay-at-home mom of four children. What is THE best, the hardest, and most intense 20 minute workout you know of? If it doesn't require a lot of extra equipment, all the better, as I'm not too crazy about purchasing a lot of new stuff. Another reason why I LOVE Insanity. I'm looking for something that just cuts to the chase, and is intense for the full 20 minutes, giving me a great workout, but not taking up quite so much time. Any thoughts or ideas?

Replies

• gerryw1389
    Options
    I did Insanity while I was in the Army, it's fun and painful at the same time. Congrats on your results and keep it up!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Try Dailyhiit.com, (or BodyRock TV on youtube) very high intensity, but SHORT :) and they work great
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If I have 20 minutes, I like to do intervals (not intense the whole 20 minutes, but that's kind of the point). Here's what I'm working on to increase my running pace

3 min 5.0 warmup
    (1 min each)
    (repeat 1-min sprint session 2 more times, 3X in total)
    5-minute cooldown (right now I just walk at 3.0, ideally I'd be fit enough that I could jog at 5.0 for 2 minutes, then walk for the last 3 and still be cooled down)

Total: 20 minutes
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    There's a 22-min Insanity workout that you can buy separately (I got mine off of amazon.com), called Fast & Furious.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There's a 22-min Insanity workout that you can buy separately (I got mine off of amazon.com), called Fast & Furious.

This! Check YouTube....
  • TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire greatest hits from Amazon is a good and fun workout in only 22 minutes!
  • chuckels82
    chuckels82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely check those out!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Into kettlebells and intense interval work? Try this blend of kettelbell and callisthenics (30 minutes total):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7FnkMTL80o
  • chuckels82
    chuckels82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump

Any others?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Zuska Light on YouTube