Overriding calories??

Options
Hi there,
I was just wondering if there was a way to override the suggested calories and input my own daily caloric needs. I am a breastfeeding Mom and there isn't anything I can click or add that adds the 300-500 additional calories I need to consume each day. It is going to be very discouraging seeing that I am not under my calories each and every day when I need to tack on calories to the 1300 that is says I should be consuming. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!

Replies

• Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could add it as "exercise calories"? Or you could go in to change your goals and use the custom setting to add in the extra calories. But then as you loose weight you would need to change your goals to fewer calories.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Goals, change goals and input your own in.
  • poorgirl1
    poorgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I was just wondering if there was a way to override the suggested calories and input my own daily caloric needs. I am a breastfeeding Mom and there isn't anything I can click or add that adds the 300-500 additional calories I need to consume each day. It is going to be very discouraging seeing that I am not under my calories each and every day when I need to tack on calories to the 1300 that is says I should be consuming. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!

Look up breastfeeding like you are adding it as a food. It will add calories to your daily log.
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    On the android app you can go to edit goals and tap the number to change it to whatever you want, online when you go to edit goals choose the custom option instead of the recommended one. Hope this helps!
  • grantsmommy
    grantsmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing I had to custom set my goals to change my calories. Go into your diary and hit settings to change your calorie amount.
  • kslager77
    kslager77 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can go into your Goals tab, then change your goals, click on custom and manually enter your calories goals.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can quick add negative calories or you can figure out your TDEE (including breastfeeding as a part of your exercise) and minus 10-20% and that is what you should be able to consume, you can also calculate your BMR to ensure you eat above that number everyday, that way you don't even have to think about it as it is already calculated in :)

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Best tool!
  • poorgirl1
    poorgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Thanks!

Look up breastfeeding like you are adding it as a food. It will add calories to your daily log.

You can pick by how many ounces as well as a total number of calories per day. It also indicates the approximate age of the baby. Good luck!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Hi there,

Thanks!

Just looked that up, pretty cool. That does work too!
  • lynnymcc
    Options
    Yup...add it as a food! One thing to consider tho is if you are nursing a young baby vs older baby.
    I nurse 3-4 times a day(8 month old) and it adds 200 cals.
    If you are nursing an older baby, you most likely aren't needing 500 calories more a day....just an fyi
  • Beachbum482
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I ended up just upping my net calories by 500 and then I am going to add the nursing as cardio at the end of the day. One of my friends recommended I do that and that seems to work the best for me!! I liked the idea of adding it as a food to add the 500 cals but that would still put me over my net cals for the day. So changing the setting and readjusting as my little one gets older seems like the best solution for now!! I am nursing a 7 week old so I am pretty much nursing every 3 hours or so during the day.