Skin issues

Options
Okay, so I generally have pretty nice skin, but in the last two months, since changing my eating habits, I now have several blemishes on my face and it has become extremely dry. I do drink lots of water. Possibly related to food or maybe just coincidental with the change in weather? Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• bluebirdlx
    Options
    It's hard to say. My skin is extremely dry because of the weather. As far as the blemishes, maybe the change in diet is causing a hormonal problem. What kind of eating plan are you on?
  • jenhanke
    jenhanke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First of all - kudos on changing your eating habits! It definitely could be a coincidence with the weather change, but also could be a sudden lack of omega 6 in your diet. Too much omega 6 is found in our "bad" daily eating habits, so when you suddenly go to "good" eating habits, your skin could react slightly to the change. The best thing I could recommend is supplementing with omega 3's (such as a krill oil or pure fish oil). If you stick to a daily regimen with the omega 3's, you should notice your skin clearing up shortly!

Keep in mind - in most krill oil/fish oil supplements, there are both omega 3's and 6's. Just make sure that the omega 3 measurements outweigh the omega 6's, and you should be good to go! The krill oil I recommend is from Mercola.com, but it's a little pricey.

Hope this helps!
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh, never thought of the lack of actual oil in diet. I really have almost cut it out completely and I don't eat fish so don't really get the Omega 3. As for "diet" I am not doing anything too specific. I have cut out junk food, lowered portions and have made a solid effort to increase protein. Just now am working on increasing vegetable intake as well. Also have been riding a spinning cycle daily . . . . hmmmmmm . . . . maybe sweat is causing issues too.

Oh well, I would rather be healthy with some skin issues, than continue the path I was on!
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, 2 weeks into this. Horrible all over my chin. I read its the hormonal changes from fat loss. Plus chin zits are hormonal. Wasnt TOM either. Think of it as a good sign.