How'd you do on your goals last week? Goals for this week?

Options
Last week my goals were to not drink any diet soda, to stay within my calories every single day, to get in at least 4 workouts (one must be a jog), to measure myself, and to not get off track because the scale is messing with me. ALL COMPLETED! This weeks goals are exactly the same, with the exception of 5 workouts (2 jogs) instead of 4 workouts (1 jog). How about you?

Replies

• misssmarita
    Options
    Apart from the weight loss goal of 2 lbs that I set when I signed up for MFP, I didn't really have any specific goals for that week, apart from getting started and not giving up. I do have other goals, related to fitness, but they're more long term. For example, I had a goal of running a mile in less than 20 minutes by the end of March, and I blew it out of the water at the gym today and did it in 18:34 :D
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just find setting weekly goals to be helpful, because long term goals, are, well, long, in that it will probably take a long time to reach them, so I like to have a goal or two sitting right in front of my face that I can accomplish in a short period of time to keep me on track. Especially for me since I started working out, the scale isn't playing fair (not losing or even worse, gaining) because I'm gaining muscle, water retention from the muscles, etc. Even though I look waaaay thinner and my clothes are fitting better, it's still discouraging to not see movement (or to see movement in the wrong direction) on the scale. But I know if I've met my weekly goals, I'm on the right track, regardless of what the scale says.
  • misssmarita
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree that the scale will often play tricks on you and that it's a good idea to have at least one other way of measuring your success. I haven't gotten around to setting specific short term goals yet, but since my first week was so rocky, I'd like to be more consistent this week, to exercise at least a little every day, and eat reasonably healthy (staying within acceptable rance of my calorie and macronutrient goals).