Pic Motivation

Options
I think i'm going to take a pic once a week and see if that motivates me.....any other suggestion to help my Motivation?:bigsmile:

Replies

• Elby0030
    Options
    that sounds like a good idea, i wish i had been doing it from the start !
  • june21112
    Options
    You should try taking a new pic once every month or longer. If you do one every week it may discourage you because you probably will not see a big change from week to week. I do mine every couple of months, usually after I have gone to a store and try on a smaller size and it fits! :)

I have also posted a horrible pic of me in just bra and panties on my treadmill so I am forced to look at what I was. I look at it every day and say ewww.

Also buy that super cute pair of jeans that you wish you fit into and hang them up with post it notes pinned to them with victories you have made in your weight loss journey. Like walked/ran fastest mile or fit into a smaller shirt size. Moved one notch in on the belt....things like that. Look at them daily, seeing what you have accomplished is great motivation!

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and feel free to add me and I can support you and give you ideas and feedback anytime you need it.
  • AfreezeAdventure
    AfreezeAdventure Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree, with this.

Do it every 5 weeks or so.
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I kind of like the rock/marble in a jar idea. For every pound you lose you move a marble to an empty jar (and for every pound you gain you take one out). It helps you see progress. Maybe you can set a goal for yourself once you've moved 20 marbles like a new pair of jeans or something?
  • 50sBeachWalking
    50sBeachWalking Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Document once a month the belt notch you are on, or find the tightest outfit you have and try it on once a month. I had a brand new shirt and pant that I got for a gift that was too small and tight that I never returned. After losing 35 pounds and swimming in the clothes I had, I found them, tried them on and they fit perfectly. I was geeked to say the least.
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I do a photo every Monday. Even the small changes are very motivating. I LOVE the marbles in a jar idea. Starting that today. :)
  • suzafied
    suzafied Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started 10 days ago and just set my goals. I took my before pics over the weekend (even tho I already lost 2.5 lbs since I started on the 25th. But I am just going to take monthly pics.. I wont see any difference in a week.. I cant wait until I start seeing and feeling a difference. :)