New to dieting and exercise

Options
I have a question, when you change your eating habits and you start to exercise, do you feel more energized?

Replies

• Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. When I eat my fruits/vegtables and all around decent meals along with exercise and drinking about 10-14 cups of water a day I feel more refreshed. It took a little bit, maybe 2-3 weeks max but I am glad to finally be feeling better. My sleeping habits have changed, I go to bed earlier, get better sleep and wake up feeling pretty good. Love the changes it has made! Good luck and enjoy :)
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    Absolutely. Before making a change I was perfectly happy to sit around all day on the sofa watching TV. Now...only a month in...I've got so much energy I can't stand it. It bugs me to have to sit down excessively at work...and I can barely sit still long enough to watch a 1 hour TV show. I used to dread working out and now I honestly can't wait to get up and do something. It's gotten to the point that I have to force myself to take "rest days"....which I hate taking because I'm afraid of slowing down progress.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Another vote for "Absolutely."\

Like S2S mentioned, though, you'll feel rundown for the first week or so, as your body will need a "break-in" period. But once you find your groove? You'll feel so much better that you'll wish you had started sooner.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I used to be a bonafied couch potato. I started out just watching my diet...not just calories, but what my diet consisted of overall...started getting more nutrition in me and really started feeling better. Started exercising about a month in and haven't looked back. I couldn't do a whole lot at first...mostly going for a good long walk 3x weekly...then those walks started turning into run-walk sessions..then run sessions...the HIIT some days and running others and ultimately got up to 5-6 times weekly of doing some cardio...3 days intense and 2-3 days not as intense. I started lifting about 1 months ago...3x weekly. Even with all of that, I have plenty of energy left over to chase my kiddos around and what not.