Replies

• Lizzy9
    Lizzy9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if it is possible to lose 36lbs in 3 months? I suppose it is possible, but depending on how much you weigh now, it may not be easy/healthy. That's about 3lbs a week, which is doable, though faster than advisable, if you're at a higher weight to begin with and have a lot to lose. If 36lbs is ALL you have to lose, then it's going to be much more difficult and I wouldn't suggest it.
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    I've had a hospital appointment today, they've said they want me to be at least 36lb down before my next review to get put on the waiting list for surgery. I'm about 188lb at the moment at 5ft 3.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I suppose it would be possible but it will be very hard. On your weigh tloss ticket it says you've lost 27lbs, which is great! How long did it take you to lose that amount of weight? At some point you're going to hit a plateau. You say you weigh 188lbs and you're 5'3'' and I can't imagine doctors advising you need to lose 36lbs in 3 months with your height and weight.

What is your diet and exercise looking like?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight it will most likely be difficult. I would say you could lose at least 20lbs in that time frame... 36 may be a bit much.
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    I lost the 27lb eating next to nothing in a month.. I had surgery in july & ended up with a long infection afterwards which caused me to have NO appetite, I was eating half a meal every other day. I don't have a clue how the f**k I've kept it off. it wasn't intentional restriction of my calorie intake, I wasn't hungry & eating was causing extreme nausea & vomiting, I was bordering on needing a feeding tube in hospital because of it..

I admit, I eat crap, frozen stuff, etc BUT, I'm still within all my limits on here, I'm eating between 1300-1400 calories a day & not hungry or anything at the end of it. exercise, at the moment, is nonexistent, I kinda fell off the wagon with it over christmas then came down with the flu & a chest infection after that which is messing with my breathing.