For the shredders who are losing motivation

Options
Today I would be moving on to L2 except life happened and I wound up a couple days behind. After two weeks of working out hard for me almost daily, I was ready when I saw the scale jump to 209. That was 1lb higher than when I joined MFP a month ago. I wanted to throw in the towel because of course I am a unique snowflake and eating the right foods at ~1500 cals/day and working out regularly, so I must have been doing something wrong anyways even though everyone else said otherwise.

Trust your peers on here people. I stuck with the shred (and the rest days may have helped) and this week for my challenge weigh in I was 203.0, giving me a total loss of 5lbs in 1 month including the Shred. I will retake my measurements on D10, but I can see a difference already. My clothes are looser. I sit and stand up straighter. I can wear 6 inch heels and my leg muscles are developed enough that it isn't excruciating 5 minutes in. I can button pants I never thought I would. To my boyfriend's endless delight, I have figured out how to flex my pecs. I HAVE PECS!! I bought a pair of shorts at Aeropostale in Juniors size.

It's not easy but I think it is definitely worth it. I graduated from my soup cans to 3lb weighs on Day 6 and that has made a difference in my workout and in my DOMS. I try to run 3-4 times a week on top of the Shred. When I have JM muted and am rocking out to Dubstep instead, I yell at myself to "Shut the Eff up, Robin, you are not dying. You are finally living." I push myself until I am shaking and my arms are so spent I can barely lift my water after. And it works.

Who else has advice for Shredders? I'm headed into L2 soon. I'm not scared, but I am. What keeps you all going?

Replies

• spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It really is all worth it. I have done all Jilians DVD's at least twice I am more concerned about toning than losing pounds. I will admit it is hard to do it everyday but it is only 30mins I made myself do it the first two weeks after that I was almost addicted to doing it I love it and it does get easier each day. I remember I was so excited that I could finally do boy push ups!!! Keep at it and you will lose inches and feel stronger:wink:
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have 3 more days until I am finished. Loved the results!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I made it through L1 and half way through L2 before vacation...then came Christmas, New Years....needless to say I dropped the ball! Plan is tomorrow to start back up....going to do a few days of L1...then hopefully jump up to L2. AND it is worth it!! I saw results and I want those results back!
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    this really motivated me :) im on day 2 on level 1 . and i gained 1 pound . im doing 30 day shred and zumba
  • mollylookalike
    mollylookalike Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1 right now - I just did my 2nd day (we got snowed in at my parents all weekend - Friday was my day 1) and I hate Jillian, but I love that she pushes me to the point where my punches are aimed at her face. :)
  • hmayo86
    hmayo86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've done shred before and had great results but I was also on a prescribed weight loss pill at the time. I just started it again today and hope I see results without the supplemental assistance. What do you all do on your rest days? I have almost all of JMs DVDs and a few others. I was thinking of doing a weight circuit DVD by Jackie Warner, but I'm really wanting to lose pounds right now and I'm not as concerned with toning until I get back in onederland.. Any suggestions? I'm not a runner and I live in a state where the weather changes almost hourly (it was 76 degrees one weekend then we had a snow storm two days later) so I prefer to workout indoors. Good luck to all the shredders!
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on your living situation, but when the weather is yucky outside or too icy to make it to the gym I run stairs or jump rope for some cardio. Or have a dance marathon to upbeat music (140-180bpm is best for a workout)