Anyone doing or done Tapout XT

Options
The reason i ask, i see all the common workout names on the forum like, insanity, p90x, 30 day shred, turbojam etc but i havent seen anyone talking about Tapout XT.

It is a pretty intensive program and it i find it fun to do.

If you have done it i would like to know what you think of it:) and if you know similair programs, i already have Les Mills Combat

Replies

• BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Bump because I am interested in doing it as my next program!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well my review is, it is quite intense, i find it more intense than the new Les Mills Combat and it also has nice combat moves but the stamina workouts are pretty intensive also.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just started Tapout XT. So far its really fun but really challenging haha. Definitely worth the $. I've tried the 30 day shred several times but I just get sooooo bored with it but Tapout xt is a lot of fun.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6410rmT5P1rwcc6bo1_250.gif
  • jeffmillernz
    Options
    I have not done Les Mill new MMA style one yet but did do Tapout XT and loved it. Got similar results to P90x and Insanity but for some reason enjoyed these workouts way more. I think the MMA theme with the punches and kicks just gives the mind something more to think about than the just the movements of the body. There are a lot of other great reviews on their site and some good comparisons online between some of the other workouts. Well worth the time and effort for sure.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Bump! Considering this after I finish Insanity
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week six, Day 1. I love it--lost 4.3 lbs since starting and increased my calories. It's fun and I love how no workouts repeat during the week.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a group of guys that are doing have done the TapOut XT, we are in the process of ordering the new TapOut-2 (Not sure if that is correct name), but finished the first round twice. We have also done P90X and P90X2 as well as Insanity. We tend to like TapOut better than those. Why?? Probably because we like the combat that goes along with TapOut a lot of core work. We like the boxing aspect doesn't feel like a workout seems to be more fun to us. We are an older group age range from 28 to 53 is the oldest average age I think is like 40 something's. Some of moves in all the videos we modify due to either not being able to perform, or afraid of really getting hurt, knees, ankles and such. P90X seemed to be really hard on the older folks, where as TapOut seems to less jumping more boxing moves don't get me wrong it is hard and you can make it what you want, but over all we find this one to be a good mix of Insanity and P90X.
  • velgrundy
    Options
    I'm not, but I want to. I'm doing the Power Plate .
  • jmeriano
    Options
    LOVE Tapout, I am on my second round. The one thing I have noticed is that my core is really smaller and tighter. Plus I like the MMA style moves that I've learned.
  • appi1981
    Options
    on round 3 waiting 4 xt2