a nutrition/calorie counter for juicing

Options
Hello all,
I just started juicing a couple of days back and I'm digging it. The only problem is that I'm having a hard time tracking the nutritional content because I really have no clue what percentage of the goods are ending up in my glass vs. what ends up in the compost bin. Any help would be appreciated as I have truly no clue what to enter in to my food diary.

Replies

• Linkedkube
    Options
    Kind of had the same issue when I started making smoothies last night for the week. I just use a blender instead of juicer. If you spend 70-80 bucks you can get a good blender that wont leave you with pulp. Now it wont be as smooth as say a juicer, but it allows for you to measure and account for everything.
  • tracyrolson
    tracyrolson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this is a website where you can enter the juices you are making and they give you the nutrition and calories. I am a little skeptical because they do come in pretty low, but take a look for yourself.

www.myphytos.com
  • tracyrolson
    tracyrolson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5155227_count-calories-juicing.html

I compared this method to determine calories with a recipe at Stanford and it is correct.

list your ingredients: Calories and Fiber

Mulitply the fiber X 4 = how many calories are from the fiber
    ( there are 4 calories in every gram of fiber)

Now subtract the Fiber Calories from the total calories= Real calories in the item

I hope this helps others out there because this is pretty easy to do but hard to find a site that is accurate...this is accurate, just get out your paper. :smile: