Been here 3 weeks, want to say "hi!"

Hello all! I started working exercising and dieting about 3 weeks ago, and found this website. It is helping so much with tracking calories and all that.

I am trying to lose 20-30 lbs and get in shape. My baby is 2.5 years old but I still have a flabby belly. I would like to get into shape before I get fat again with the next baby! After I get in shape, we are going to try for another baby.

I am in a Bellydance class, and we have a big dance recital on April 21. I would love to be in better shape for that too.

So hello everybody! Just wanted to announce I was here.

SororLuna

Replies

• Hello! I'm new here too, even though it says I signed up in July, I haven't really used the site until about two weeks ago.

I am 50 yrs old, 3 kids ages 25, 22 and 20, 2 grandkids, and I have been morbidly obese most of my adult life. I THOUGHT I was fat in high school and early 20's because I was about 10-15 lbs overweight and could have used a good bit of toning, but now at 50 I really have a serious problem. So about 8 months ago I joined a workout program called "Body Back", and have been very slow at bringing my eating in line, and thus far haven't lost much weight at all, but quite a few inches, and I feel way better than before.

My first 5k is June 8th, and it is the Survivor Mud Run in Seattle, WA - my goal is to start and finish, and do as many of the obstacles as I possibly can. I don't care about time, just about finishing.

I am trying to eat clean, with as few additives and chemicals as reasonably possible, with lots of fresh veggies and smaller amounts of fruits, and following dr's orders about carbs, proteins, etc.

What kind of eating plan are you on?
    ~~Teri~~