Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor Questions

Options
Hello,

Many of you out there suggested Polar F6 HRM, so I got one. It says, if possible, be away from other heart rate monitor devices. Does this mean I can only use it for walking outside and not on the treamill? Also, I'm trying to connect the chest strap but the lil tabs keep falling out of place. Any suggestions?? I really am excited to use it.

Thanks.

Replies

• Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I read the same thing. I do wear mine to the gym but at 4am I am the only one there. When other people are there I wear it but it still gives me the same reading so I worry much about that. It snaps backwards. Stick the circle in the hole and then turn it it should snap. I hope that helps.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    That's confusing to me, I have one and bought it b/c it says it can work around other polars without getting "confused" I believe that it says not to wear around others in the general information/users guide correct? However on the back of the package it says that it is "special" b/c of the ability to use around others.

I looooove my polar the only issues I've had is my strap not sitting on my correctly and me losing my heart rate.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    It snaps from the front...when you put it on...pull the tab around the front of the transmitter and snap it backwards.

It is coded so it's safe to be around other people. I use it around others quite a bit and haven't had any problems. It's probably more like a "to avoid x problem completely...avoid using around other people".
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar and wear it to the gym all the time, whether I am running on the treadmill or taking fitness classes. Also, several other people in my fitness classes wear them and I've never had any problems with mine.

The straps should lock in tightly to the holes. I put mine on and then pull my running bra down over it and that helps to hold it in place as well. Good Luck!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Make sure once you snap it that you have it pulled tight enough and also that you are moistening the electrodes. That helps keep it in place and helps it not drop your heart rate. I was having trouble with it losing mine when I do any sort of plank/mountain climb moves. I had to tighten it and now I dont have any problems. Hope this helps!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    The monitor is coded, so you should not have a problem with other HRMs or cardio machines. Also, the little plastic tabs go into the holes from the top, twist, and push down. This should snap them into place. I wear mine under my swimsuit for my swim workouts and have never had a problem with the strap moving around or not getting a reading.
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    I also read that in the booklet...but still used it while walking outside and had no problems...as for the strap...have no problem... insert the round end from the outer side and tighten the strap to fit comfortably.

B
  • cardswimmom
    cardswimmom Posts: 71
    Options
    I just got mine this week as well...love it. I have a question though-do I have to go through the whole OwnZone walk through everytime I use it? Sometimes I want to just wear it and not use this feature, but other times I do. When I switched back to the OwnZone it wanted me to go through the whole four step process of figuring out my zones again. I am sure it is user error!:smile: