Calorie Count

Options
Ok folks color me confused.

When you log your exercise in and it states that 'you've earned back' say 500 calories for the day due to the exercise...do you 'consume' those calories?

For example
1200/calories per day allowed
600/calories burned during exercise
600/balance

SO, do I add the 1200 + the 600 (calories burned) for a total of 1800 allowable calories to consume?
Or do I just leave well enough alone and say out of my 1200 calories I burned 600?

Thanks!

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You should always eat back enough of your exercise calories to net AT LEAST 1200.
  • jross1006
    Options
    I am so glad you asked this question because I too am totally confused about that as well. Its almost like whats the point in working out if you are allowed to add back on the calories. I hope someone can answer this. Good luck !
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    Haha! So you should eat them back!?!?!? Whenever I see that sign I yell "yay me!" and carry on with my life...

I guess I'm gonna start eating a bit more everyday now. :flowerforyou: Best news today!
  • lilncbrat
    lilncbrat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    NO. You don't necessarily eat them back. You can't ever go under the 1200 calories a day, but everything above that you DID not eat becomes weight loss.