Help me find the perfect workout DvD? Thankyou =)

Ms_Natalie
Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys,
I've stepped up my fitness lately and decided to start a personal workout in my own home with a DvD, I used one by claire (she used to be in steps) and managed to get through it relatively easy. I now feel a challenge coming on and was wondering what you guys would suggest as a good workout DVD with lots of focus upon cardio and toning those wobbly bits.

I was looking at Davina & the 30 day shread (although this one seems a little scary) but what do you recommend?

I used to do Tae Bo years ago but don't feel I'm 100% ready to tackle this type of workout yet! Or maybe I need the challenge?

Really happy that I managed a warm up, cardio, tone and cool down that lasted a total of an hour 15mins!

Yay...Go me! :happy:

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    I am really enjoying the 30 day shred. It's tough but worth it! I started to notice a difference in a week. A good tae bo one also is Billy Blanks fat blasting tae bo...it's an hour but it's really effective too. I feel like the shred works better, even though it's half the time. I feel more toned. (but then again that specific tae bo dvd isn't for toning it's for fat burning) I prefer to do both at once. :)
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Shred is fantastic! I'm on day 12, and I"ve lost 2.5" off of my waist and hips! It's not that hard, there are modifications for an easier workoug but it's still effective.
    Good luck!
  • jessly09
    jessly09 Posts: 2 Member
    I would definitely suggest any of Jillian Michaels' workout DVDs...30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. She likes to work in circuits and combines cardio with upper and lower body toning. Just make sure you have enough floor space! Also, her Yoga Meltdown is really good. She teaches you the yoga moves but incorporates movement with them as well.

I believe the first DVDs that I mentioned are all one hour sessions, or shortened 30 minute versions. Check them out!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I definitely recommend the 30 Day Shred. I just purchased it for myself ($9 from Walmart) and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I tried to do the shred a year ago when I was completely out of shape and weighed 25 pounds more than I do now and it was hard. But I'm definitely in better shape now from working out for the past 3 months so I'm ready for the challenge!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    I love the 30 day shred, also Chalean Extreme is AWESOME! Biggest looser bootcamp and Jillian's last chance workout is really good as well (and they are all cheaper the Chalean lol) Good luck to you on deciding!

Amanda
  • Bratkins
    Bratkins Posts: 47
    I like the Firm - except you have to purchase a stepper with it so it is a little more spendy.....and as cheesy as it sounds, Kim Kardasians work outs are killer. The first time I did the Butt workout I had trouble sitting for a few days. I always take that as a good sign.
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    you can go to www.collagevideo.com and preview a whole bunch of exercise programs before you buy one!!
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    I really like the Davina DVDs. They are split into different sections so you can mix and match to create your own workout. There is the option of doing the easier version with one trainer or the more difficult version with Davina. I only have an average size living room, and there is plenty of space to do the DVD. Really gets you sweating and your heart rate up.
    After reading all of the 30 day shred posts, though, I might have to try that one too! I like to use different DVDs so I don't get bored with them. :smile:
  • Ms_Natalie
    wow....thanks guys! Fantastic info...

Okay...I'm going to check out the 30 day shred and see how it works for me!
    Is there a forum support group here for it? lol...I may need the help! haha!

Going to take a look on Amazon now and get it delivered by friday!

Thanks again guys
  • Ms_Natalie
    Okay...just bought it! £5.99 from Amazon!

wahey! x
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Woohoo, I got it from Amazon too!! I'm on Level 2 Day 3 and I am loving it!! You really do see results and for 20 mins a day I aren't complaining at that!!

Let us know how you get on :)
    -x-x-
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    30 Day Shred is awesome. I'm on Level 1 Shred and I love it! I'll be switching to Level 2 Friday so I can have the weekend to recover lol. I cant go a day with out doing it!

My goal is to complete the shred and move on to P90x when I lose 8 more pounds. I hope by the end of my 30 days.

I also add in 10 Minute solutions Butt, Thighs, Arms and Abs every other day.
    And Mari Windsor pilates Butt and Thigh between 10 minute solution days.

I see a big difference in my legs and bum and my muscles in my arms are getting very toned :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.