Best for skin

Options
Im getting married in less than 5 month's I dont want horrible spotty dry skin, I have upped my water intake. But iam also wondering if i can be doing anything else to help my skin I moistise when i go to bed and when I get up. Thank you in advance xx

Replies

• Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Make sure you exfoliate on a regular but not to harsh a basis. I swear by e45 cream as a moisturiser.
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sweet almond oil is AMAZING! Good luck! and Don't forget to have fun and enjoy your speical day!
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    take a biotin supplement. its great for your hair, skin, and nails.

&yes, exfoliating and moisturizing is great as well as drinking plenty of water.
  • shanniebanannie73
    Options
    check out the skincare routine on acne.org. I have been following it for a few months with cheap benzoyl peroxide from the pharmacy and for the moisturizer, I use oil of olay at night and garnier's bb cream for daytime (it's tinted and takes the ploace of foundation). Really inexpensive prodicts and my skin has never looked better.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A gentle exfoliant might work to clear the skin - I use a wet flannel rather than chemicals as that's good enough. Liz Earle does a posh version which is a cotton cloth plus cleanser, which is nice but v expensive.

You might try using a moisturiser like Lush's Ultrabland which is designed not to cause problems for skin that's prone to spots and dry patches.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If you can find pure jojoba oil it helps the skin and is amazing! Also liquid vitamin e is good to use as a spot treatment with the jojoba oil. If it has anything mixed into the jojoba then do not buy it, the oil in its pure form is best!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    You can make your own sugar scrub. Use 3 parts olive oil to 1 part demerara (raw) sugar. Add a few drops of essential oil like orange or lemon if desired. Shake very well.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    The Pro X by Olay is amazing.
    Drinking green smoothies and shakes to get the max amount of nutrition.
    Get your Omegas
    A little sun helps a great deal!

We just started the whole green smoothie thing to our diet last month (I thought you needed a special blender to put spinach, carrots and kale in smoothies and shakes) and what it is doing for my skin is amazing and I am 44 years old!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Definitely exfoliate 2-3 times a week. You can do this "chemically" (products with alpha-hydroxy, salicylic acid, or glycolic acid) or "physically" (scrubs, loofah sponges), or by using a combination of methods.

Use a good moisturizer. My skin is horrible in the winter, so I need a pretty good lotion. Cetaphil is a good one... not exactly cheap, though. The other I really like, which is very reasonable, is Vaseline Cocoa Radient. Both of these are pretty substantial moisturizers, but not greasy (like Eucerin can be... although it's good if you don't mind the greasy/heaviness of it).

Don't forget sunscreen on your face and chest, especially, even during winter. My dermatologist recommended I use no less than 30, but then I'm a brunette with a complexion more like that of a red-head (so she tells me).

If in doubt, ask your dermatologist, if you have one.

Congratuations! I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    As far as diet is concerned, drink a lot of water and make sure you are eating good healthy fats.
  • Carolannb1986
    Options
    Thank you all so much
  • Nicole_Altieri
    Nicole_Altieri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Eucerine paste in a jar not the liquid lotion. Works well, very thick and takes a little time to absorb. Don't over do it a little goes a long way.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had quite bad skin and a few years ago tried the liz earle range. the cleanse and polish is awesome.