Blue Cheese Alternative?

Options
Looking for a dressing for a alternative to blue cheese. I'm a picky eater and don't do ranch. I tried a raspberry vingerette today and wasn't to impressed. Need something with a little less calories than blue cheese to top my salads

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    low fat blue cheese dressing?
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love Light Honey Mustard. YUM!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own has a sesame ginger dressing that I really like a LOT. It's great on salads and I use it on my steamed vegetables all the time, too!
  • sagesmom05
    Options
    does it come in low fat? most i've seen don't
  • samreitz
    Options
    Try Bolthouse Farms Blue Cheese yogurt dressing. Only 35 calories per serving and tastes pretty good.
  • dcyr009
    Options
    Walden Farms has a no calorie blue cheese salad dressing and dip. You can get it at vistacost.com. I had it yesterday with my chicken and it was awesome. Hard to beleive it has no calories. You can also buy it at Shoprite if you have one of those stores near you.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms chunky blue cheese yogurt dressing. 35 calories for 2 tablespoons.
  • jillzin
    jillzin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you love that tangy blue cheese flavor, maybe try some reduced fat blue cheese crumbles, and add a little olive oil and vinegar? Gives you a similar taste but you can control how much cheese you need to satisfy.
  • sagesmom05
    Options
    Newman's Own has a sesame ginger dressing that I really like a LOT. It's great on salads and I use it on my steamed vegetables all the time, too!

might have to try this! thanks!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
  • beccamh
    beccamh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BLUE CHEESE! So I totally understand that no swap will fully live up to the awesomeness. I usually find a way to fit in my fave dressings because a salad is so low on it's own. Also I find most "light" or "fat free" dressings are gross. I do have some healthier options on hand though..

Here's some in my fridge now:

1. Garlic Expressions
    2. Good Seasons (this is the old school stuff you mix yourself at home, I use the "less oil" prep
    3. Ken's Light Onion Vinaigrette
    4. Oil and Red wine vinegar (in a pinch this is actually not so bad)

Hope that helps! Happy salad eating :)
  • sagesmom05
    Options

I think i will try this! will be cheaper than buying low calorie one. Thanks!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If your favorite bleu cheese dressing is thick, and you tend to put on too much, try thinning it a little bit with milk. Makes it easier to pour all over your salad, so you use less.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I tried Walden Farms. I did NOT like the flavor of their blue cheese "no calorie" dressing. It had a weird texture, too. I would never buy it again.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I make my own and I use non fat greek yogurt instead of mayo. It's really good
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Marie Callendar and Litehouse both have low fat or lite versions of Blue Cheese. I am not a Ranch fan myself but do like the Marketside lowfat Buttermilk Ranch from Walmart....its in the produce section....you could try that with Feta cheese tpped on salad might be close to blue cheese dressing.
  • sagesmom05
    Options
    I LOVE BLUE CHEESE! So I totally understand that no swap will fully live up to the awesomeness. I usually find a way to fit in my fave dressings because a salad is so low on it's own. Also I find most "light" or "fat free" dressings are gross. I do have some healthier options on hand though..

Here's some in my fridge now:

1. Garlic Expressions
    2. Good Seasons (this is the old school stuff you mix yourself at home, I use the "less oil" prep
    3. Ken's Light Onion Vinaigrette
    4. Oil and Red wine vinegar (in a pinch this is actually not so bad)

Hope that helps! Happy salad eating :)

Thank you! I love my blue cheese too just not the calories
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try Bolthouse Farms Blue Cheese yogurt dressing. Only 35 calories per serving and tastes pretty good.

This! Love this stuff
  • Jymm
    Jymm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh there is no replacing blue cheese! You could just try another strong flavor like catilina. Not blue cheese but it has a flavor all it's own too.