Doing it right this time :)

Hello everybody,

my name is Carina, 23, I'm from Germany and I recently joined myfitnesspal.
Since I was about 10 I was always a little on the heavy side - never being actually obese.
Somehow I sometimes envied the kids that were really chubby, they often seemed to be more comfortable in their skins than I was, and actually a lot better integrated in school. I was always in between.
Still, it stayed that way.
To little to be actually obese or even really overweigth (thank god of course), but too much to be happy.

Last week I stepped on a scale for the first time in like two years and I was shocked - 80kg!
(That's about 176lbs, my height being 1,63m ->5'4)
Although I do sports on a reagular basis and although I know that some of this is muscle weight, I still felt like crap.

Anyways, I decided something had to change. No more half-hearted attemps for me! I worked out a new fitnessplan with the instructor at my gym and I really hope that myfitnesspal will help me to keep track with my calories.

My goal is to loose 15kg, but in a healthy way so it will stay off :)

So yeah well...that's about it.^^
I'd love to meet other people who have the same "problem" of being in between like I am :)
So, don't be shy folks ;-)

Replies

• Hey! My name is Emily, and I am in the same boat as you. I'm 19 and I am currently at about 180 lbs. I was also on the heavy side growing up. I am new on the site and am looking to find some friends to help motivate me to my goal weight of 150 lbs. I've tried getting healthier before but it's only lasted a few weeks. I want to do it right this time. :)
  • Hi Emily, I know exactly what you mean - motivation lasted only a few days and then everything stopped. Not again!!!
    We can do it :)