5'9 ideal goals

Options
Hey guys,
So I am 5'9 and I want to be down to 125ish pounds. I have always been bigger, and I am in the "healthy" weight range (164lbs), but I just look and feel fat. On top of that, I am getting over an injury that prevented me from doing to much. Is this idealistic, or should I change it.

Replies

• PinnacleWA
    Options
    I don't think it is unrealistic, but you need to have clear expectations about your time frame. ~40lbs should take anywhere from 20-30 weeks to accomplish assuming an aggressive approach to training and clean diet, and no underlying health conditions that will stall your progress.

You are tall, so 125lbs is probably pretty a pretty aggressive target for your height.

I'd start out with 145 as an achievable goal weight at your 10 week mark and then reevaluate the longer term goal depending on how your body changes / what you see in the mirror.

-- Benson --
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'9" and 125 is at the BOTTOM the healthy weight range for our height. I do think its attainable, however, depending on your frame, could be very difficult. I know with my frame, anything below about 155 and I look sickly. I was 159 when I got married 10 years ago and was told by MANY that I was too skinny (although maybe they were just used to seeing me as heavier??). Anyway. It's attainable...anything is if you work hard enough...