Feeling guilty if I don't work out!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
So today it's pretty cold and rainy so I can't take the kids for a walk. I just did my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I only burned 100 calories. I feel SOOOOOOOOOO guily though because I'm used to burning 400-600 calories on my walk. I would do the dvd 2 or 3 more times but with 2 little kids, I'm lucky to get in one workout.

Anyone else feel like this? I feel like just saying "F it" and pigging out. I won't though but that's what I would do in the past. I have that all or none mentality that holds me back.

Sorry. Just had to vent. :(

Replies

• SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I will admit I'm a gym junky these days. Mine isn't just for health reason but for stress relief reasons as well. The pressure is really on at work so I need to vent it all and there is nothing better than pushing myself to the limit to get rid of it all :smile:

But yeah, if I miss a day I really don't like it :sad:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    It's rainy and gloom here too!!! Can you have the kids do some exercise with you. Any 20 minutes of moving with help.

I don't know how you figured the 100 calories doing the 30 day shred...but, I usually burn 200...maybe, you burned more than you thought....now, that would be a benefit you didn't realize
  • 20queenb10
    20queenb10 Posts: 5
    Options
    I do the SAME THING..... I also give in to my cravings which really bites, but just keep in mind your goals and your inspirations and that should puul you through...=]
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Completely understand....been there done that!!!! Dont pig out....you will be so proud of yourself tomorrow for the self control...just keep plugging away...I have 3 kiddos of my own and I dont always get to do the exact exercise I want to.....sometimes I have to adapt to the situation....My ultimate exercise that i love and burns the most calories is the elliptical...but my 3 boys have different ball schedules so when i take them to practice I walk four miles at the park where they practice and walk the dog...that kills 2 birds with one stone:0) Just remember to drink your water and be proud that you got your 30 min of exercise in today:)
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break, dude!! Working out all the time only encourages more and more guilty feelings, I think. Try planning to have three to five really impactful workouts each week, and monitor your food closely to make sure you're eating within the recommended amounts. I wouldn't feel too guilty about not working out... hey, at least you burned 100 calories!!! That's 100 more than I'm going to burn today! I say, be happy where you're at, and if a workout doesn't happen, you can still have a successful day. :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. i feel like my day hasn't begun until I get a workout in! haha but I agree with involving your kids. Why not go to the park or just run around with them outside? That sounds like a really fun workout!!
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm only supposed to be working out 6 days a week at the moment, but when day 7 rolls around I always feel kind of blah until I get in some cardio.

I have my 4 year old do yoga and stretching with me! She thinks it's fun. Try getting your kids involved? My daughter also cheers me on and gives me high fives (and low fives, and double fives ha ha) after a workout. It's really fun for us.