Overeating 1 day a week

Options
Hi guys!

I'm fairly new to MFP! I started out 130 lbs, and I made it to 125 lbs and it's been hard! The roadblock I stumble upon is overeating! It's like at the end of the week, I am so hungry and I just splurge and go way over my calorie limit! I have done this once a week so far. Then I gain 1 or 2 lbs back and then stick to my diet, so I'm bouncing between 125-128 lbs. Do you guys have any tips to avoid these splurge days? I'm trying to lose a total of 15 lbs. Does anyone else have this problem? I know some people have a cheat day but I'm probably eating 3000 calories or more on my "cheat day"

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your regular plan has your calories too low. Try upping your daily by 100 or exercising more on your cheat day.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the idea of cheat qand splurge days. I think it is better to not deny yourself than to go overboard once a week. For example having that one slice of chocolate cake will not undo all your work as long as you temper it with good habits/excercise reguarly. My weakness is sugar and soda. I cheat this by drinking carbonated zero calorie water and eating light slow chruned ice cream. I don't feel deprived and I know if one day I eat a cheeseburger it's not the end of the world. You just get back up and get back to good habits again. But trying to dedicate one day where you go way over in my opinion is a recipie for disaster.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your not eating enough calories throughout the week, So your starving your body, and then you want to pig out - As your hungry of course. Try either upping your calories intake, or eating foods that will fill you up longer, More hearty foods, lots of protein too. This way you should feel full for longer

Saying that - I am addicted to cereal, and no matter what I eat a day, I want to just sit there and eat cereal - Strange!!!!

Im sure if you stick at it, and log what you have on here, Your be fine!!

My health kicks starts on Monday

Good luck x
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    people differ, but i like the idea of rewarding yourself on a cheat day once a week. it keeps you from depriving yourself and gives you an incentive at the same time. try lifting heavier weights because u will tone down, you will look 15 lbs lighter though you may weigh the same cause muscle weighs so much more. but if you are lifting weights, your body will need more calories . just a thought.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    At 5'8" you are at a very healthy weight. This may be your body's way of telling you it doesn't want to lose anymore. I would recommend checking your body fat and basing your goals off that. I would imagine you are already relatively low. I don't know what exercise you are doing, but if you are unsatisfied with your body I would recommend resistance training to improve how you look along with moderate cardio.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    At 5'8" and 125 pounds, you are already in the low range of normal weight. At 115 lbs you will be significantly underweight.

You might need to speak to your doctor and reassess your goals. It sounds like you're trying to do something unhealthy and your body is rejecting it.

As the poster above me pointed out, if you're concerned about LOOKING better, you might want to work on cardio and toning, rather than trying to lose any more weight. You can lose inches without losing pounds.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It would make it a lot better if you had a really hardcore workout day the same day as your "cheat day".

I don't have cheat days, I just eat what I want when I want it as long as it's within my calories and macros. It works out better for me that way.
  • ashleyRN90
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone! :)