Gym or Workout at Home?

Options
Hey! I'm sure this is a popular subject. Just curious and want opinions. Do you like working out at home or going to a gym? I am thinking about joining a gym.... so just wanted some input :happy:

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I belong to a gym, but I have been doing my workouts at home. I am doing ChaLean Extreme right now and just feel like I get more out of the workout at home than I would at the gym right now. If I get stuck or get in a rut somehow I might switch it up and start going to tehe gym again.

Sory, just realized I was no help!
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i prefer going to the gym. its hard to make it a routine at home cause i tend to just sit on the couch lol
  • AfreezeAdventure
    AfreezeAdventure Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gym for me. It ultimately depends on what I'm doing though. If I'm doing a Yoga night, than I stay home. If I want to do a chest work out I go to the gym.
    I also enjoy jogging on treadmills and ellipticals more in the winter than running outside.

But if you can stay motivated at home, and have the equipment you need readily available..I wouldn't spend money on a membership.
  • fairbanksk
    fairbanksk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work out at home as well as at the gym.
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like home workouts. I can workout out any day, time, weather condition, or holiday. My machines are available 24/7.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I prefer home. It saves on driving time, I can do it last minute or spread throughout the day, I don't have to bundle up in a coat in the winter to go anywhere
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I like home workouts. I can workout out any day, time, weather condition, or holiday. My machines are available 24/7.

Gym, and so are mine.
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    I do both - I have a crossfit class I attend 3X a week - but on off days I make it a point to do something at home - whether it is circuit training or just walking the dog.
  • lindadesserts
    lindadesserts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do both. But do prefer to workout at the gym especially in the group classes. On the days I don't get to the gym I will use the elliptical trainer. If you are more of a social person or enjoy group (team) activities, the gym will be most fun for you and therefore will get you to work out more.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Love working out at home!! Jump on the machine at home and then after do a nice walk!!!
  • kmmcquay
    kmmcquay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like doing both. It helps me switch up routines.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    currently i do at home workouts in a gym :-/ ... i dunno. lol. its a free gym so im ok with that, i cant seem to motivate myself at home so during my lunch break i run across the street to the gym and recently been doing leslie Sansone walking videos, but i try to jog instead of walk the second half of the video. "when i hear her say "half way there" i try to pick up my pace and jog :-p

quick question, if i've done that video, does that count as cardio? and it i incorporated squats, is that strength? or is that considered a leg day? do i focus on upper half of my body next, on tuesday? like abs and arms and triceps and shoulders? so confused lol, thanks guys. and then on Wed do the same thing i did today?
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Both. Mostly cardio at the gym. Yoga and circuit DVDs at home.
  • Beyond_Value
    Beyond_Value Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The gym for me I have like people working out and the atmosphere is charged with energy.

Home I tend to relax and settle down for the evening.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Gym....the options are endless....for my goals BTW, everyone's needs will differ.
  • jdx301
    jdx301 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Gym no question. Lift something heavy.
  • AngelStage
    AngelStage Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think I prefer gyms...I've done some home workouts and I can never stick to them but I usually will stick to a gym.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Gym no question. Lift something heavy.

When I maker pretzels I lift my 27# Kitchen Aid mixer. I keep it on the floor now, so I can lift something heavy.
    I should bring homemade pretzels to the gym, for that between rep anti-starvation snack for all you hard working weight lifters.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    home work outs for me apart from muay thai ( just started) so that is at their gym
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Home, why waste the money? There is a world out there to run around on, or if it's too cold, use a treadmill at your house. Save a bundle.