Weigh-In Day?

Options
How bad is it of me to change my weigh-in day? I've been weighing-ing on Wednesdays but I'm starting to think that weighing-in on Fridays might be a better idea for me as weekends are really tough and I feel like by Wednesday I am just getting over the weekend hump and don't see too many results....which results with (like today) I get bummed out....

Is changing my weigh-in day a good or bad idea?

What day do you weigh-in?

Replies

• bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Switching from the hump day weigh-in? I think Friday is a good day for you! Go for it!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    This is for you so I don't think there's a problem with weighing on any day! I was originally weighing Thursday but I changed mine to Fridays and Mondays. I think Friday is a good day for a lot of people 'cause if they've lost, they'll be less likely to binge on the weekends.
  • jody1974
    jody1974 Posts: 4
    Options
    I also weigh-in on Friday because Friday night we always do take-out. Then on Sunday we have a big breakfast. So by Friday I am feeling better about myself.
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    a very successful "loser" on this site says she weighs everyday but only records it when it is down and since she has lost over 160 lbs i am going with that you dont record gains only a loss. i have to admit it make sence how many times are you down on tuesday get pumped only to have water gain on your weigh in day and get descouraged..
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. I started weighing in on Sundays so I will be careful through the weekend. We enjoy Sunday dinner out so it is salt-laden. So Mondays don't work for me. Friday may be your answer! Just try it a couple of weeks and give yourself permission to change it if it isn't working out. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks everyone! We enjoy a take-out night on fridays or saturdays too. I think I might change things up for a couple of weeks and see how I do.

I weighed in last wednesday....by friday I had lost another 2 lbs...but then the weekend hit and I have been working since sunday to bring it back down. It's as if I need those extra couple of days to make that much more of a difference.

Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi!
    I've started weighing twice a week, on a Monday morning and on a Thursday morning, mainly because I am impatient, but also it gives me a bit mroe motivation / control!!
    Do what suits you - it's your life and your decision :-)
  • silmarwen
    silmarwen Posts: 9
    Options
    When I first started using this I weighed in on Mondays only. After about a month I started to weigh in on Fridays. I don't think it really matters if you change the day you weigh in as long as once you do you consistently weigh in on that day.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday. I guess it helps me stay motivated thru the weekend!
    But if Fridays work for you, go for it!
    Keep up the good work!
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    I was actually just thinking of changing mine as well to Thursdays instead of Sundays. Thursdays always seem to be my best number for some reason.