Bread.......!!!

Options
2013sk
2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
I havent had bread in ages, But tonight I fancied a couple of slices.... Soooo Sooooo yummy!!! I love the seeded wholemeal bread, better than boring plain white bread

Everyone who is loosing weight/dieting .... Are you still having bread?? Or cutting it out all together?? Does it matter if you have it or carbs?

Im sure as long as its counted in my intake (Like today) does it matter

Poor carbs...........Get such bad names... Ha Ha!! x

Replies

• IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've switched to Ezekiel bread. Have you tried that?
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE bread, but I know it's not worth the calories if you are trying to shed pounds, so I just don't eat it, or should I say I didn't eat it when I needed to lose 47 lbs.. but now, I have lost that weight, so sometimes, if we go out to dinner, I do eat a small portion of the bread they bring to the table.
    Learn to LOVE other stuff, like peanut butter and raisins together.. or the Fiber One Caramel Nut protein bars, they are really good.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I've cut way back on my consumption of bread and other starchy items.
  • unicornhug
    unicornhug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I try to NOT eat bread... every once in while when I need to go grocery shopping or something I'll have a slice.. and I'll admit- its amazing.. haha I do love me some bread!! but I find that when I cut out carbs (or as many as possible for that matter) I do much better at losing weight.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It's just like everthing else....moderation. Your body needs carbs for fues, especially for workouts. So, eat it in moderation. There are several good whole grain, low calorie choices.
  • ashleeliza
    Options
    I eat bread most days, wholemeal and have lost 18lbs. Mine are good sized slices and only 75 calories, I tend to have two slices everday, if you like it, keep it in!
  • christine_112
    christine_112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have eaten bread every single day since I started loosing weight. As long as you don't go over your calorie budget you will loose weight. I choose to use about 200 calories a day on bread (2 slices of wholemeal).
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    Bread is not a danger food for me so I still eat it but I only eat lower calorie whole grain bread with at least 3 grams of fiber per slice. I'm not a carb counter but I am trying to live a healthier life so I have cut out refined carbs while increasing the amount of whole grains and fiber in my diet.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My usual bread for daily stuff is Aunt Millie's 80-calorie whole grain. But on long run days, when I have enough calories to splurge a bit, I pick up a nice loaf of crusty bread from the bakery and have that with supper. I'd feel too deprived if I tried to stop eating bread completely--and I can fit it into my allotment, so why not?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I love bread. In fact, I bake my own. I ate it as I lost weight, eat it now I am maintaining my loss. I try to stick with the multigrains or mostly whole wheat varieties.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs--in fact I eat more carbs than I should according to the macros on MFP but I ignore them because I know a lot of it is due to snacking on fruit and having a few ounces of fruit juice each day.

I typically limit my refined carbs to just one serving at each meal. So for example I might have one piece of toast at breakfast, one half-cup of rice at lunch, and 2 ounces of pasta at dinner. I just eat and exercise in a way that I can sustain and that means I have to have my carbs!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much that same as I did before.

The only differences:

1. Now I keep track
    2. Now I eat a little bit less than I did
    3. Now I make a point to eat more veggies
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    it's not so much the bread it's what you put on it :bigsmile:

I don't eat bread every day but if I have it I only have two slices, always wholemeal or granary :smile:
  • 2013sk
    Options
    I knew you could still eat bread and loose weight!!!

Everything in moderation as they say....... : )

I'm not saying I am going to sit there and eat a loaf, but a few slices here and there, would be nice!!! I am sure low carb, high protein diets work really well, but I dont want to feel bad if I eat ANY carbs....

I will just watch my intake

Thanks guys!!! Good luck with your weight loss

S x
  • 2013sk
    Options
    I've switched to Ezekiel bread. Have you tried that?

Hi...

No never tried that bread..... Whats it like, Its it less fattening/more healthy for you?

Sx
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I eat bread every morning almost. With an egg.
    I don't cut anything out of my diet. :)
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yay carbs!!! Happy things!!!
  • 2013sk
    Options
    I LOVE bread, but I know it's not worth the calories if you are trying to shed pounds, so I just don't eat it, or should I say I didn't eat it when I needed to lose 47 lbs.. but now, I have lost that weight, so sometimes, if we go out to dinner, I do eat a small portion of the bread they bring to the table.
    Learn to LOVE other stuff, like peanut butter and raisins together.. or the Fiber One Caramel Nut protein bars, they are really good.

WOW - Massive congrats on your 47lbs weigh loss, That is huge!!!

Well done!!

Peanut butter and raisins....Sounds yummy!!! Or peanut butter and jam sandwiches... Reminds me of when I was little hahaha!!!
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have two slices of wholemeal virtually every lunch time - as a creature of habit I have to have my sandwich fix every day!
  • 2013sk
    Options
    I eat pretty much that same as I did before.

The only differences:

1. Now I keep track
    2. Now I eat a little bit less than I did
    3. Now I make a point to eat more veggies

I find using MFP helps, you dont realise how many calories are in things do you??? Small bowl of cereals with milk could easily be 200-400 calories... Shocking

Youve lost lots of weight - Thats fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!! : )