scales

Options
Can anyone recomend the most accurate home scale?

Replies

• pamela35
    pamela35 Posts: 14
    Options
    I bought a digital scale, and I think it is the most accurate, although remember your weight will go up and down from day to day! Good luck!
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love to know this too....also one that doesn't break the bank!
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just bought some at Costco..My daughter recently went to the Dr and said mine were RIGHT ON. They are digital, glass and silver. The brand is TAYLOR. taylorusa.com ...They were like $25. They can hold up to 440 lbs. I got tired of mine having a different number every time I got on them...These seem to be really good. Good Luck!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i bought a weight watchers scale from bed bath and beyond and it weighs a little higher than my doctors which honestly makes me feel a little better (it's only 1-2 lbs off) it's a digital scale
  • oompasgirl
    oompasgirl Posts: 3
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing! I have a digital scale at home that I don't like. I will step on it, it will tell me one weight. I get off and step right back on and its off by like 4 or 5 lbs. Of course I wanna take the lower number but I don't know for sure what is right. I think I am going to find myself another one!
    Thanks for posting this topic!!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I also have a digital WW one (I think from Bed, Bath, & Beyond). When I do my weekly weigh in, I step on once, go feed the cat and then come back and step on 2 more times. Sometimes the 2nd and 3rd numbers are different from the first, but the 2nd and 3rd are always the same as each other, so that is what I take as my number. I also was a few pounds lighter than what the docter's scale said recently, but that was with clothes in the middle of the day so I think it is fairly accurate.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Don't even worry about the accuracy of the scales. As long as it's reliable, as in when you lose 5 pounds it tells you or gain 5 pounds it tells you. Unless you're cutting or gaining for a specific event that requires an exact number, like a boxing match or some sports thing with weight classes then the number doesn't really matter. Just buy a cheaper scale that is reliable and monitor your trends.