Hurt ankle/leg what can I do?

Options
I need suggestions for exercises that I can do while I nurse this injury back to health.
Back story really quick I fell down the stairs injured my right leg sprained my ankle and the rug burn ended up getting infected. I've been down 3 weeks now. The swelling is about gone but I was told to stay off it for one more week.
My favorite exercises have been cycling and swimming. I can't do either until the cut is completely healed.

I'd love suggestions of things that are low impact that will help me continue to lose weight. :)

What are your thoughts on a Row Machine?

Replies

• kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wait until it's completely healed.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    the cut complicates things...

first time i majorly sprained my ankle i lived about 2 miles from work and since it was sunny california i biked to work. i found that although it hurt it allowed me the movement of my ankle without forcing it. felt very good afterwards (good pain as opposed to the crappy kind).
  • vwroclawski
    vwroclawski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine is great. I just had toe surgery and am able to bike on my indoor exercise bike, plus Yoga for stretching benefits. Also, maybe a pilates elastic band workout - looks easy, but I always sweat with these bands! Take care!
  • Beastx10
    Options
    rest
  • babysittermeg
    babysittermeg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do a little bit of biking but not too much, just don't baby it too much, then it will take a whole lot longer. I made the wrong choice and didn't use my knee much. It made recovery a lot harder. Because i babied it I will live my life with this injury forever.:smile:
  • cgirly
    cgirly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've had a calf injury the last few weeks and have used the time to do some weights and upper body stuff. It's amazing the difference it has made :)
  • Jillyfish99
    Jillyfish99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'll go try to row this afternoon and do yoga tomorrow.
    it's so hard to be down for 3 weeks almost 4. ugh.