Jillian Michaels 30DS

Options
Just watched the Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred and I think I might die.
Starting this tomorrow. Here goes nothing! :drinker:

Replies

• nik2710
    nik2710 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on day 2. Couldn't complete it the first day, but got thru it today. I heard it gets easier. Good luck. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm on Day 16. I'm not sure if I've really lost any weight but I can definitely tell I've lost some inches. And my arms are stronger and I have more endurance. Good luck!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Level 1 is easy because it's the exact same sort of workout they make kids do in their elementary school PE class. Trust me it's not as bad as it looks.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I did it for the first time last week with a view to doing it every day before moving on to level 2, then I was struck down with a viral infection and haven't done it since, bummer!! :devil:

I actually didn't find it too bad, but then I've been exercising regularly including lifting some weights with my husband.

Its just under 30mins, not much so I'm sure you'll survive, let us know if you're still able to move your legs, haha :laugh:
  • tinassofit
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • LaurenOliver
    Options
    I am on day 5 and already contemplating skipping to level 2, but I probably will not. I know I can always make each step more and more intense. The first day it kicked my butt from the very beginning windmills. Who knew swinging your arms around was such work. Good luck to you! Just stick with it and you'll gradually be able to accomplish more and more of the workouts.
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30 days last week.Amazing results..She pushes you..but you will see great results.Make sure you measure!! I regret not doing.I did it halfway through and at the end.Lost 2 inches in my waist...2 in my chest, .5 in my thighs.And that was halfway!! I had abs hiding in there!! I can see them..haha
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love her workout video! I finished my 9th on level 1 and can tell that I am doing so much better than my first day. It still gets me sweating and heavy breathing but I can do it so much better! Good luck! You can do it!
  • EjaneK11
    Options
    Level 1 is easy because it's the exact same sort of workout they make kids do in their elementary school PE class. Trust me it's not as bad as it looks.

The only thing I remember doing in elementary school PE was the stretching and maybe the crunches? Lifting weights in elementary? Never heard of that! What school did you go too?
  • EjaneK11
    Options

The only thing I remember doing in elementary school PE was the stretching and maybe the crunches? Lifting weights in elementary? Never heard of that! What school did you go too?

Oh and the jumping jacks and jump rope of course.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    LOL! That's funny! I started and stopped because I was going to spinning and doing both was kicking my butt! I might start again this evening! Be forewarned: Jillian is NO JOKE!
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    loving it so far! im on day 3
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 (first day of level 2), some of my friends on here are doing it too and have already started level 2. Reading their blogs terrifies me. haha! I love it, though. It's a great, full body, workout in a short amount of time.
  • fighting4fit
    Options
    It looks scary, but you can do it! I'm on day two of this round though I've done the workout here and there in the past. Take your time and modify as you need to, you do get stronger as it goes on. Good luck!
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started level 3 today, OMG!! This is my second time doing it though. The first round I 'only' lost 7 lbs but around 10 inches. Take measurements and pictures sometimes the scale lies. Just do what you can and modify when you need to. When I started I could barely get thru the cardio. But you will be surprised how your endurance/strength will change. And the pay off is worth it.

Good Luck!
  • flutterby642
    Options
    I just ordered it!!! Super excited!
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've been looking into this as so many people rate it highly! I like the idea of 30 min work outs and the opportunity to see some tightening up of some of jelly bits!

However I'm just a bit concerned about working your muscles, the same muscles, every day with no rest...when do your muscles get chance to heal??

I did my own strength programme yesterday and was going to aim for 3 strength per week and my running 3 times a week....but now I'm wondering if to do the 30ds and my running (i want to keep that up as I am aiming for a half marathon)

I'm just worried about not resting the muscles enough.......