P90X

Options
Thinking about trying the P90X and cancelling my gym membership. Does anybody know if the program is really worth it?

Replies

• abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    search for P90X and you will find tons of posts with people's opinions
  • Graciesmom21
    Options
    Will do. Thanks. :)
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    P90X defnitely works! My husband and I did it together and we saw amazing results: lost weight, gained muscle, became more athletic in general. Just be sure to stick with the diet as well as the workout routines.
    The only issue with it is that we became bored with the same workouts over and over, and kind of got burned out on it. By the time day 90 came around we were so sick of it that we stopped working out all together and 6 months later we were right back where we started. That's not to say it's that way for everyone though, several of our friends completed it and went on to complete round 2 and 3. We eventually renewed our gym memberships and we've stayed healthy longer by having more variety of workouts in our routine.
    So if you get bored with workouts easily, then you might want to keep your gym membership or find some fun outdoor activities to do to change it up every now and then.
    Good luck and have fun!
  • close2perfection
    Options
    Funny I tried this for a week and started calling it Puke 90 X lol! This is a serious work-out and with it comes a need for serious determination to not stop!(go even if you have reached feeling like your gonna throw up)...mind you im not saying be unsafe but be willing to finish the DVD's no matter what! I am starting back up agian on this and I am excited because last time after just one week I saw some results! Diet with this program makes a huge difference you have to be as determined with it...but trust me you will think twice about eating like crap after all the hard work-outs you feel its not worth it! Go for it and good luck feel free to ask if you need help with any diet tips:)
  • peggyo
    peggyo Posts: 6
    Options
    P90X works, no doubt about it. I'm on my 11th week and have lost 15 lbs, 10+ inches and have gained muscle I've never had before. I feel absolutely fantastic as well-just turned 42 and feel better than I did at 32. The workouts are tough but they get the job done. If you have a facebook account, you may want to join the P90X group. It's great motivation and a great place to ask questions about the program.
    Good luck to you!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 and I have lost 13+lbs and 13+inches. It is absolutely amazing if you keep it up. The first week is the hardest and it gets easier after that. Your body adjusts. I get a little sore now but nothing like the first week. Well worth the money and the time it takes to do this program.

BTW I don't follow their diet. I count calories on here and also use a HRM so I don't overestimate how much I have burned
  • Graciesmom21
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it!!!! I've done well with the gym, I just HATE going... I hate people gawking at me, hate the loud music that i hear even though I have my headphones on... hate it hate it hate it! BUT I see results with the gym, so I thought to myself if I can get the same results with a home system, why not try it? But I don't want to spend the money on something that doesn't work and in the meantime cancel my membership.... I'm currently sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet and so far have done well to stick within that but still feel full, so I'm happy there. I've lost 12 pounds in about a month just watching what I eat and what not. So mainly it's the not wanting to drag my behind to the gym. Lol!!!!
  • Graciesmom21
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! :) I'm trying to gain muscle too. Getting there I think :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm currently sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet and so far have done well to stick within that but still feel full, so I'm happy there. I've lost 12 pounds in about a month just watching what I eat and what not. So mainly it's the not wanting to drag my behind to the gym. Lol!!!!

The only thing with P90X is, you really have to eat. Women have been known to gain weight trying to stay on 1200 calories. I was one of them last year.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm currently sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet and so far have done well to stick within that but still feel full, so I'm happy there. I've lost 12 pounds in about a month just watching what I eat and what not. So mainly it's the not wanting to drag my behind to the gym. Lol!!!!

The only thing with P90X is, you really have to eat. Women have been known to gain weight trying to stay on 1200 calories. I was one of them last year.

I have to agree. I was eating 1200 and staying the same even gaining some. When I upped my calories to eating 1500 plus a little of my exercise calories I started to drop again
  • peggyo
    peggyo Posts: 6
    Options

Same here. I was eating 1150-1250 calories and the weight loss stopped. As soon as I upped it to 1500, it started again.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    I love P90X. It changed my whole body shape, and I even got that 6-pack! Proper nutrition is key with this program. I dont' think you are "dieting" as much with P90X as you are building a better body and you have to pick the right foods to do that. Good luck!
  • bbcoachredtex78
    Options
    Im a P90X coach and lost 30 lbs in 3 months doing it. Message me if you want more details.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Message me if you want more details.

The original post is a message asking for details. :noway:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Same here. I was eating 1150-1250 calories and the weight loss stopped. As soon as I upped it to 1500, it started again.

Ack, this is totally me. I am increasing my calories as instructed towards the end of p90x to try and finally lose something, but fitness pal keeps telling me that's too many calories and I hesitate....
  • hiddensecant
    Options

Ack, this is totally me. I am increasing my calories as instructed towards the end of p90x to try and finally lose something, but fitness pal keeps telling me that's too many calories and I hesitate....

Set your activity level to very high and it wont tell you you're going to gain weight.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,754 Member
    Options
    Thinking about trying the P90X and cancelling my gym membership. Does anybody know if the program is really worth it?
    Absolutely! You have to pay for a gym membership month in and month out. P90X is one-time purchase, and you can use it over and over again. (I'm on my third round.) The longest workout is an hour and a half, but there's no commute to and from the gym, so it's a time saver. Plus your DVD player is ready for you to work out whenever YOU are ready to work out, and it doesn't care if you showered and did your hair and makeup, and it doesn't care how cute your workout clothes are!
  • tgparent
    tgparent Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you do any other workouts with P90X? I am just starting. I don't know if I should pair weight training sessions with a cardio workout.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,754 Member
    Options
    P90X has cardio, strength training, yoga, stretching, abs — the works. You don't need to do anything else with it.
  • tgparent
    tgparent Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. I am on Day 4 and really working hard! Can't do everything perfectly, but I give it my best attempt!