Help Me Pick A Reward For Reaching My First Goal!

Options
00trayn
00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
I'm now 13 pounds away from reach my first goal of losing 30 pounds, which puts me from the obese to the overweight category for probably the first time since the end of high school. I like rewards (who doesn't!?) and it'll be a great way to push me that extra bit to reach this goal by the 4th of July. I want the reward to be something that helps me lose the next 30 pounds that I need to reach my ultimate goal of a healthy weight. Here is what I was thinking of so far, feel free to vote or suggest other ideas!

- heart rate monitor
- new running/workout sneakers (mine are a few years old)
- Wii Fit Plus
- Any more suggestions...? Thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    A Bathing suit!!! Thats what im getting in 10 weeks, it makes me want to look better so I can look hot in my bathing suit. :tongue:
  • queenak77
    queenak77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus
    i absolutely love it!!!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    New sneakers.... worn ones make my knees hurt, so the HRM and Wii Fit would come after new sneaks for me. :happy:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Maybe even something not fitness related. Hair cut and color? Mani Pedi? I know when I start to get to the point of rewards it's gonna be things that make me feel sexy. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sneakers. They're the one thing you DON'T want to put off. They can cause shin splints and joint problems. Get new ones NOWWWWW!!!
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd go for the wii fit ....it will measure you, motivate you and give you lovely stuff to do inside when the weather is rubbish
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My rewards:
    20lb reward is P90x
    30lb reward is Easy Tone sneakers
    40lb reward is Short hair for the first time ever and a highlight
    50lb if I should make it that far a tropical getaway
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the Fit Plus, GOT IT, LOVE IT, CAN'T STAY OFF OF IT.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    New shoes, especially if you are running/walking, and try to find a store that will watch you walk/run to see how the shoe is supporting your foot. Also, a HRM is a great thing to have. I'm so glad I have mine.
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I vote for new shoes for the same reasons the others have.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    New running shoes (get your feet analyzed to find the perfect fit). Those are the most important thing on your list.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I get a new Italian charm for each new 10, something that signifies that 10, like I got a turtle for 10 pounds that came off slow, a bike charm for the reason I lost the next 10 etc.... And at the end of my journey, a new wardrobe.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! It might be worth it to try and find new sneakers sooner than when I reach my goal. I had to add new insoles to mine since the originals were worn thru and the sneakers are kinda coming apart. And come to think of it, my feet hurt from doing the elliptical, plus I have flat feet to begin with. Maybe I'll try to find a pair in the next week or two, I'm not too strapped for cash since I started my job in February. Now where to buy good sneakers....

As for the actual reward, I see lots of Wii Fit Plus fans :) I might do that one. I already get my hair colored and a mani/pedi regularly just as part of my usual habits. I'll definitely think on all the suggestions for a few days before I pick. If anyone has anything else, please keep suggesting!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What about a goal outfit? Get something that is a size or so smaller than you wear now and you can hang it up somewhere for motivation/inspiration, or you could just use a picture of an outfit you want to get if you aren't sure what size you will need once you reach that goal.

And then you have to plan something fantastic to wear it to. :bigsmile:
  • 00trayn
    Options
    What about a goal outfit? Get something that is a size or so smaller than you wear now and you can hang it up somewhere for motivation/inspiration, or you could just use a picture of an outfit you want to get if you aren't sure what size you will need once you reach that goal.

And then you have to plan something fantastic to wear it to. :bigsmile:

I like the combination of that and getting a new swimsuit. I really hope I'm in the shape to wear a bikini one day (or at least a more revealing tankini than I own now... see profile pic... lol). I'm not sure if 170 will be enough to be bikini ready, but rewarding myself with a hot new swimsuit for summer would be awesome. My apartment complex has a pool :D