I've got 2 calories left and I've got the munchies

Options
Need some nibbles, but...

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Here are some possibilities:

1. Just eat something and try to divide up your calories better tomorrow.

2. Strap on your heart monitor, and workout/go for a walk/run until you've burned off 200 or so calories, then eat something.

3. Have a hot, low-calorie or calorie-free drink and distract yourself with a DVD or book or game for half an hour, and then see if you were really hungry or just bored.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Drink a cup of green tea, or a nice cold glass of water.

If that doesn't do it, and you are looking for that crunch factor, a stalk or two of celery.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Drink some water or black coffee/tea, and go for a short, brisk walk. Either you're just thirsty and the drink will sate you, or you're really hungry and you'll have earned a few more calories.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It's a bit cold windy and damp here in Bedford, England tonight to be going out walking which is what I normally do..

Celery's a good idea, but I like to dip it in salt.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    uncooked spinach
    green tea
    read a book
    call your mom and tell her that you love her!

good luck!
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks man.... funny
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks man.... funny

Seriously, i ALWAYS keep a book with me. When i get hungry, bored, whatever, i just read for a bit and i 'forget' that i was hungry.

Good luck!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthy, and don't worry about it unless you end up over by 200+.
    You will already be set at a deficit anyway, so the worst result would be that you would miss 1 day of losing.
    You will most likely make it up over the rest of the week anyway when not as hungry.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I feel miserably sick. Not eating. Do you want my extra 800 calories from today?
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Options
    Just go ahead and eat something healthy, low calorie, and then continue on tomorrow. Your hard work won't disappear because of one slight overage.

Or you could eat what you want and then eat lighter tomorrow, being sure to at least get your protein in.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So have a snack and don't worry so much about your daily calories. As long as you're within your weekly calorie goal, you're good. :drinker:
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for a day. No big deal. :smile:
  • pzinzn
    pzinzn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find pickles are good if you like them. They are a little high in sodium, but they're low calorie and they also tend to limit how quickly you can eat them what with the pucker factor.
    Also, try some sugar-free jello, some sugar-free candies or some gum. They also tend to keep me occupied for a while until I decide to either exercise or just go to bed..
    Or maybe a handful of popcorn....
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    2 tic tacs
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    2 whole calories? Can't be wasting that. Better go get yourself a cheeseburger.
  • UncleRiotous
    Options
    Eat something healthy, and don't worry about it unless you end up over by 200+.
    You will already be set at a deficit anyway, so the worst result would be that you would miss 1 day of losing.
    You will most likely make it up over the rest of the week anyway when not as hungry.

I'd back this. If you've got the munchies but know it's a bad habit that you're trying to break then drink water, if you're genuinely hungry then eat a banana or something and don't worry about it.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Run like the wind, chase the wind, cos it is as windy as h*ll here too in North Wales...then go for a bag of crisps and a beer!

2 cals Mwahhhahhhaaa
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If it's too dreary outside, do some jumping jacks, push ups, etc. Burn a few calories and enjoy a healthy snack guilt free. Put on a favorite tv show while you're doing it and the time will fly by.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Tic Tac
    1 1/2 calories each.

bite your nails
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Chug a glass of water then have a green tea ( black of course )