I've got 2 calories left and I've got the munchies

Options
2»

Replies

• Celery is full of fibre to fill you up and is negative calories. Yum!
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eat something and then add it to tomorrows log, and then just eat a little less tomorrow?
  • mitzydillman
    Options
    Try dancing in your kitchen while you cook to burn off some calories.
    Don't get discouraged.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    you can drink iced tea no sugar thats 2 calories and would curb your appetite. but only 2 calories I would leave them.

hot tea can curb your appetite or maybe a carrot stick .
  • twokute80
    twokute80 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have a healthy snack that is more than 2 cal. Reality is we have to teach ourselves to make healthty eating choices, even if it doesnt fit within our caloric daily intake.
    p.s- I always drink a hot cup of coffee w half and half and 2 splenda's #yum:smile:
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water, also a chewing a piece of gum usually defers me from eating.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Get off the computer and go to bed! Its bedtime in the UK!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Do 3 minutes of jumping jacks and then eat a square of chocolate or a slice of toast.
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, then drink some tea. If you still have the munchies, eat a 130 calorie bag of Trader Joe's microwave popcorn (or any for that matter). You can burn it off tomorrow and not eat the cals back.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    up and down the stairs would work
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Need some nibbles, but...

What are you actually hungry for? After a glass of water or cup of tea, are you still hungry for it? Can you find a lower cal alternative? eg...want crunchy....instead of chips, have lightly salted raw veggies. Craving ice cream.....have low/no fat yogurt with a little canned fruit. Need to feel "full".... air popped pop corn.

If after drinking water and trying to distract yourself you are still actually hungry then eat something... no more than 200 cal. You will still be under your TDEE and have a maintainence day. Or you can balance it out over the week by a little extra walking or eating a little less.
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    2 whole calories? Can't be wasting that. Better go get yourself a cheeseburger.

I like your style.

Thanks folks, feeling a bit low, not lost anything since Christmas, just fluctuating between 192 and 195lbs. Can't shift any
  • kendunn579
    Options
    Get off the computer and go to bed! Its bedtime in the UK!

But with Predators on TV...
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :smile: if you just want something because you're bored, I would drink a big glass of water and wait 20 minutes. See if you still want it then. That or do a bit of exercise to earn some extra calories.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yep- boredome munchies. Time to shut it off and kick yourself in the *kitten*.... beddie by for you!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, then drink some tea. If you still have the munchies, eat a 130 calorie bag of Trader Joe's microwave popcorn (or any for that matter). You can burn it off tomorrow and not eat the cals back.

Not everyone here is USA based. Shock. We do not have a trader joe here.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    It's a bit cold windy and damp here in Bedford, England tonight to be going out walking which is what I normally do..

Celery's a good idea, but I like to dip it in salt.

Hey we're nearly neighbours. I'm in cambridgeshire.

I'd say have a large drink of water, go do something to occupy your hands then see if you're still hungry.
    Cleaning/ excersize works well as even if you do get something to snack on, you may have burnt it off already.

Go do 10 pushups? And 10 squats first.
    Good luck.
  • kendunn579
    Options
    Hi Zylae,
    I'm up from Somerset on a course with work.
    Stuck in a strange hotel far from home....

Definitely gives me the munchies. Resisted so far thanks to encouragement.

Thanks everyone.
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Stuck in a strange hotel far from home....

That's the one thing that makes me crumble every time! I always binge when alone in a hotel in an unusual town.

Stay away from room service!
  • kendunn579
    Options
    If I pick up the phone I just know I'll get struck down by lightening!