6 weeks, no weight loss?

Options
Unfortunately, I've forgotten exactly how I lost weight the first time round. It took me about 18 months to lose 30kgs or so.

Anyways, life happened and I gained back nearly all that weight. After being super lax on eating and exercise from about october to december, Ive been back on track for almost 6 weeks now.

I've been exercising 4-6 days a week
Thereby completeling anywhere from 25-40kms / week (via running & walking)
I cross train
I've eaten 80% clean the whole time, I have eaten 2000cal max 2 days in the past month and a half. I weigh my food so I would say my tracking is fairly accurate.
Some days I eat my calories back, some days I don't. I wear a Polar HRM, but usually take MFPs calorie burn which is lower than my HRM.
I usually get in 80g of protein a day, and on good days eat approx <150g carbs.

As far as I'm concered everything's on point. What gives.

166cm, female, 18,
18/12/2012: 76.4kgs
4/2/2013: 76.6kgs

Average weekly nets:
1. 1250
2. 1350
3. 1440
4. 1300
5. 1240
6. 1214

Replies

• TrumpetTinklers
    TrumpetTinklers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    maybe you're not eating enough - with all your exercise - maybe up your calories, or cycle them? & drink 60 oz. of water @ least per day
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Also, from your profile pic, you don't look as if you're carrying a lot of extra weight. I think the less you have to lose the harder it is to do it. I still have a good amount to lose but I do find that the lower my weight gets the harder I have to fight for every pound of loss.

I know it's hard but maybe as the other poster mentioned you could eat just a little more. Keep a smaller deficit. That has also helped me drop weight. When I do a really steep deficit my body almost revolts and I lose so so so slow. When I have a smaller deficit it seems that my weight comes off at a nice steady pace.

All the best!
  • 1994zara
    Options
    ^ Sorry my profile picture is from when I lost weight the first time round, im about 20kg heavier than that now!

I will try a smaller deficit though, thank you both!
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Base on your information, your BMR should be 1600. And you are only taking in 1200-1400, try eating back your exercise calories or get as close to 1600 as you can. The deficiency you want is from TDEE not BMR. :)
  • 1994zara
    Options
    thanks for that, i figured my tdee to be around 1900, since im sedentary, so i thought 600 cal deficit/day would be okay but maybe its a bit much, i've upped my net goal via MPF's reccomendations to -1lb/week. That gives me 1440 cal goal, see how it goes!
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    5f994f4bf165a447c2fde5206d38a4a8.jpeg
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, why would you use an estimate over your heart-rate monitor? To me that is the equivalent of putting your food on the scale and then guessing how much it weighs.

I would hazard a guess that you're burning more than you think without enough fuel to sustain your weight-loss goals.
  • dancindoc508
    dancindoc508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    With all of your exercising why would you use the TDEE calculator and then choose "sedentary"? You are probably moderate to very active. Why don't you choose one of those TDEE numbers then do the TDEE-20% or TDEE-500 cals?
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you wouldn't rely on the Polar HRM for your calorie burn, as it is based on your height and weight. I find mine to be a bit more accurate than MFP. As a rule the HRM shows less calories burned than my elliptical with it's built in calculation. As for the other, I wouldn't eat under a net of 1200 calories per day, and I would drink the 60 ozs. of water per day. I lose much better when I drink the water but that just might be me. If you are eating clean 80% of the time and you are weighing your food, I would think you would see some loss. Hope things kick in for you soon. It can be frustrating when things are slow. Hang in there!
  • 1994zara
    Options
    @ Viva

yesssss I do!! however Im just getting back into it so only twice a week at the mo! & decent weights
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Exercising + HEALTHY diet = weight loss.

I think that the skinnier you are, the harder it is to take the weight off. And the less noticeable it is. Make sure you're actually measuring your hips to see if you're losing - not just depending on the scale because that's not always accurate.

Drink tons of water!

Good luck, girlie!
  • 1994zara
    Options
    to the Q's regarding HRM:

My HRM was giving my calorie burns that seemed too high for example an hours running I got 700+ calories burned an MFP estimateed 560 or so. I felt my HRM was too high. When I first lost weight (back in 2011), i didn't own a HRM and so I always used MFP.
    Also, I don't add coffee and other small things into my diary so I thought Id used MFP estimated burn so I have a buffer for those little extra things

* I drink about 2-3 L of water per day (including tea)

Q regarding why i've estimated TDEE assuming i'm sedentary
    Apart from the exercise I plan to do in order to 'exercise' like walking running etc, my lifestyle is sedentary.
    I choose to calculate my energy needs for 'sedentary + exercise cals', rather than "moderately active' as the amount of calories I burn extra per week differs greatly sometimes.
  • 1994zara
    Options
    @ Kaylinn, thanks i'm going to take some measurements today and use them to track!
  • cindyhanson58
    cindyhanson58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. your body is used to the walking. focus on muscle. it burns fat. and when do you get your calories? especially the protein? a 90 calorie treat at 9 pm may as well undo your deficit.
  • 1994zara
    Options
    i do lift weights, but i prefer cardio, i like eating to much to give up all my cardio! haha, im always extendting myself though whatever I do, so im still pushing my body for more, or??

I get 80g protein per day, I aim for 100g but i dont always reach it on my current cals. As to when I eat.. whenever, some days 6 meals, other days 3. I eat within an hour of going to sleep sometimes.. but believe calories dont know time, eating right before bed has never been an issue for me.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    to the Q's regarding HRM:

My HRM was giving my calorie burns that seemed too high for example an hours running I got 700+ calories burned an MFP estimateed 560 or so. I felt my HRM was too high. When I first lost weight (back in 2011), i didn't own a HRM and so I always used MFP.

Trust your HRM. MFP has no way of knowing how hard you worked.