Watch Oprah today! (Wed)

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
It's all about yo yo dieting and how to lose weight and keep it off!!!!!

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Which I find very amusing coming from Oprah who can't seem to stay one size for more than a year. Even with her personal chefs, personal trainers and anything else one may think they need. I saw the commercial for this show last night and couldn't stop shaking my head.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    It's all about yo yo dieting and how to lose weight and keep it off!!!!!
    I must have gotten the previews confused, I thought I'd seen it was about extreme anorexia and it looked horribly sad. I need to stay away from sad and triggers right now.

Was it upbeat looking or a downer looking preview, know what I mean? :)

Thanks for the heads up, I might check it up to see at least how it starts out, some of her are not to bad, depending on the actual focus. Appreciate you taking time to share :heart:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Which I find very amusing coming from Oprah who can't seem to stay one size for more than a year. Even with her personal chefs, personal trainers and anything else one may think they need. I saw the commercial for this show last night and couldn't stop shaking my head.

Ironic, right?
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options

Ditto!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should lead by example
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Not 'Ironic', 'Moronic'.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Which goes to show, it's all within the person themselves, the food prepared for them, the chefs they can hire, the personal trainers they pick but ALL the food they eat and ALL the reasons behind it comes down to their own behavior.

It sure as heck can't be easy to be so well known, so out there in public and losing and gaining over and over, I've been out there in my little world and doing it and it's hard enough for me and I'm not well known and have a TV show. ACK:wink::blushing:

I feel incredible empathy for those out there trying to fight the good fight over food that know 'how to do it' but are still unable to put it all together in their own minds. I think she has lots of book sense about it from all the folks she's had on her show but it doesn't seem she has 'her own personal knowledge' on how it works or at least fully applied it yet?

I'm not partically an Oprah fan but seen enough of her over the years and hear her talk of her struggles of how she can buy or do nearly anything she wants but is unable to reach the one thing she desires most and that's to get her weight under control for good. We all know it's a constant, not a once and for all, might be she thinks once she's arrived it's done. Case in point, the wagon of butter in her 10 minute pair of jeans on stage flashback. She mentioned once in an article that being her most embarressing moment of her life.

Maybe it hasn't yet clicked for her yet, we've all tried all sorts of things, then one day, that CLICK and away we go:drinker: :tongue: I know I was reading all sorts of self help books, healthy eating, fitness, you name it type books before I heard my click, all sorts of good diets, bad diets etc., before it finally hit me, it's not all that hard I realized. Simple in fact (now I didn't say easy:laugh: ), because when I try too hard is when I mess it up. lol

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Oh I agree! I am going to watch it just to see if there are any new things I can add to my lifestyle.
  • Missspenditall
    Missspenditall Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm watching =)
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I seen the preview and it seemed a bit like a "fad diet" type of show. Who knows. There is still nothing better than diet and exercise.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Oprah should put out a physical fitness book & vegetarian how to book.:) Seriously that is funny Nitz. Hahahaha *kitten* I may have missed it what time is it on the East Coast? Ah never mind I'll just check.:wink: I don't dislike Oprah by the way just making a funny. How to be super rich yet screw up the one thing she has complete control over her chefs, maids, & fitness instructors, YET somehow I guess she just wants to keep them employed & that is commendable.:smile:
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I just watched the show while on my treadmill. It's actually good and it's more about our feelings that are attached to food and how we feel about ourselves. I understand what everyone is saying about Oprah, but that's just the thing -you can be rich, powerful, and have all these resources at your disposal but that doesn't make you exempt from the power that food has over you (or more like, you've let have over you). No matter what, I appreciate what she puts out there to help people and she's not above admitting that she has her own issues. I'm not into her celebrity *kitten*-kissing shows for sure, but she has done some positive things. Anyway, that particular show is worth a look at and may be eye-opening to some people.
  • luvmyjenna
    luvmyjenna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think Dr. Phil had the anorexics on today, while Oprah had Geneen Roth, author of "Women Food and God." Haven't watched it yet, but I will later.