Injury experts, step inside

Options
Lshizz
Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
So...last night, to be nice, my wonderful boyfriend was going to carry me down the stairs b/c I said I was sore from Jillian's *kitten*-kicking. Well, he missed one, and we went tumbling...long story short, the nail on my big toe is split in half down the middle. I have broken fingers and toes multiple times and it doesn't feel like the toe is broken but the nail was a bloody mess. I've got it padded and taped up today and I can get around with manageable pain.

My question is: I need to do day 9 of Jillian's shred tonight...Think I can?? I don't want to further injure my toe but I REALLY don't want to take a break and lose all of the progress I've made. I don't know if I should try and do it barefoot? Or try to put a shoe over it?

Anybody every had this type of injury and worked through it? Am I just asking for my nail to pop off by trying?

Replies

• p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sorry I had to laugh when I read your post! I have also suffered some sort of injury today and my main concern is also missing my Jillian workout tomorrow! Haha! We must be gluttens for punishment!!

I'm not sure about what to advise you, but if you're anything like me you're going to try the workout anyway! Haha. I have hurt my shoulder, went to see my dad who is a physio - he said it's nothing serious - so I figure I will try and carry on with the Shred!

I'm starting to think Jillian might be brain washing us somehow - the thought of NOT doing the Shred fills me with actual dread! Lol.

Hope the toe feels better soon hun, let me know how you get on if you do attempt the Shred! :)
    -x-x-
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'd attempt it, but definitely would wear shoes. If it's too painful lower the intensity or just stop. I've worked out with torn tendons, broken wrists, and a few badly swollen feet, with some serious blisters..if it hurts stop...but I would give a shot!
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I'm starting to think Jillian might be brain washing us somehow - the thought of NOT doing the Shred fills me with actual dread! Lol.

I hear ya! There's no way I'm going to just not do it....but I'm sure I'll have to modify some things a little....like do girly push-ups today :) (yessssssss)