Really confused

Options
I've been having a nosy at other people's daily food diaries and have noticed that their calorie targets fluctuate somewhat from day to day. Am I missing something?!

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I've been having a nosy at other people's daily food diaries and have noticed that their calorie targets fluctuate somewhat from day to day. Am I missing something?!

Yes - their targets will increase when they log their exercise, if they are following MFP's method.
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The fluctuations are due to the calories burned when doing exercise. You should log your exercise in the same way you log food and drink. You should also always eat back the exercise calories you burned .
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The fluctuations are due to the calories burned when doing exercise. You should log your exercise in the same way you log food and drink. You should also always eat back the exercise calories you burned .

Unless you already included your exercise in your daily activity, then you would not eat them back.
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Also if they change there goals ...I just recently changed my goals and so my calorie intake is less
  • wittyusername
    Options
    I like to fluctuate mine so that my body doesnt get used to having the same amount every day
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    yeah, like the above posts i believe its because people create a particular deficit they wish to reach that has requires eating back exercise calories when a workout is performed. im the same as you though and keep mine the same as i took a certain percentage off my TDEE and have already included my exercise calories :) x