Any sucess stories from running and eating right?

Options
I've started on my weight loss goal and would like to see how peoples bodies changed due to running and eating right.
Seeing other peoples sucess really helps me.

Replies

• jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you would like, i havent mastered posting pictures on threads but my profile picture has been running/walking/elliptical and eating right for the last year. Thats it, I havent done any strength training yet.

22233788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I guess i could tell you a little more about me hehe. I started losing weight January 2012. i was 212lb at the start. I started eating right and walking in the begining and I gradually added in jogging and running as the year went on. Sometimes I needed something different for my body or if I was sore, I would do the elliptical. My calorie intake is between 1200-1600 usually, but I eat ALOT of fruits, veggies, and protein bars. Good luck and I would be glad to help!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I started C25k last week so can't comment personally yet, but I have a few freinds who swear by watching their calories and running. Will send you an friend request.
  • mrk1185
    mrk1185 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't have any before pictures, but I've lost ~50 lbs since July through running and eating.

I started in July doing a run/walk program, and eventually graduated to a 5k training program, am now working on a 10k and next a half marathon program.

I have been mostly vegetarian for the past couple of years, adding more vegan days in now. Feel free to add me if you'd like to see some of my work out info, I usually post what type of workouts I'm doing in the comments...

Rock on. :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds from December 2010 to June 2011 and running was my main form of exercise.

Starting in July of 2011, I began strength training with machines at the gym. Starting in July of 2012, I began strength training with free weights at home. (Stronglifts 5x5)

I still run. Running is great, but a combination of cardio and strength is better.

fb-cover.jpg
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    LorinaLynn you look AMAZING!!! Wow--totally inspiring!
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow, very inspiring
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I also don't have pics, but have lost 75 lbs through better eating and running. I started at 233, now at 158. When I started running, I could barely hang on for 30 seconds, my long runs are currently in the neighborhood of 2 hours. I'm not "done" yet, but am happy with my progress thus far.
  • K398
    K398 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds from December 2010 to June 2011 and running was my main form of exercise.

Starting in July of 2011, I began strength training with machines at the gym. Starting in July of 2012, I began strength training with free weights at home. (Stronglifts 5x5)

I still run. Running is great, but a combination of cardio and strength is better.

fb-cover.jpg

Agree with this. Sprints are great; long distance jogging is better than nothing, but not great IMO. Long distance running is about becoming efficient in your energy usage and movement in order to become a better runner; not to become fit. I live by the adage that a great training once told me: "Running won't make you fit, but you have to be fit in order to run". Makes a lot of sense if you really think about what it means. If you take a look at some of the world's top distance runners, they are phenomenal, but I wouldn't bet money on them to sprint a 40 yards, lift a 35 lbs sand bag 10 times over their head and repeat it 5 times.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!