Cravings!!

Options
Do any of the other ladies out there suffer from intense cravings around that time of the month? I haven't been able to think about anything but chocolate fudge brownies all day. I've heard that almonds should help with chocolate cravings, but I had 7 almonds, and it's not doing it for me. HELP!

Replies

• CancunJulie
    CancunJulie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes - I crave chocolate too. I just made the brownie mix with the pumpkin pie filling. Honestly all you have to do is mix one package of browniee mix and the pumpkin pie filling - put in a 9x13 and cook according to the brownie mix instructions. Cut it in 15 pieces and you have a very satisfying 150 calorie snack.
  • sammiesmama73
    sammiesmama73 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Quaker makes a mini-rice cake snack with a chocolate drizzle that's actually really good for the chocolate cravings and only 100 calories per bag. Also sugar free jello pudding or Healthy Choice Fudgesicles :)
  • ButterButtLou
    Options
    Get some cocoa powder that is not sweetened and make hot chocolate with almond milk and tuvia or stevia. Or put the powder in your oatmeal. Yummy Yummy
  • cynfy16
    Options
    They also have chocolate roasted almonds, instead of chocolate covered almonds. Still a sweet snack but not as bad for you. :smile:
  • Raerae1993
    Raerae1993 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i'm going through the same thing i literally just ate a spoon of nutella and a fudge brownie. It seems like right before that time all i want is sugar, mainly chocolate. Its terrible!
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the same intense cravings. I would love to say there's something magical that will take the craving away. Truth is, there probably isn't...at least I haven't found one yet. I just simply go get a small chocolate bar (perhaps a 100 cal bar or similar) and let myself have it. Then the cravings go away. Just count it and don't feel bad, just move on. Trick is...don't keep it in the house. Make it an outing and let yourself enjoy it.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Do any of the other ladies out there suffer from intense cravings around that time of the month? I haven't been able to think about anything but chocolate fudge brownies all day. I've heard that almonds should help with chocolate cravings, but I had 7 almonds, and it's not doing it for me. HELP!

Yes. Oh gawd yes.

That and despite eating plenty I am staaaaarving hungry, all the time.

I have been upping my protein and drinking a tonne of herbal tea to try and avoid them.

I am looking into chromium supplements to see if they help.
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You may be low in magnesium ... try a supplement at that time of the month :-). Wish I'd known this through two of my pregnancies!
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I get cravings for sweets and other junk food even when it's not shark week. Just make room in your calories to have a brownie if you want it to the point that you can't stop thinking about it and enjoy it!! It won't affect your weight as long as you account for it. In my experience, eating other food to try to get rid of a craving for something specific rarely ever works. I just end up pissed that I didn't eat what I really wanted...and usually end up eating that too and then going over my calories.
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a guy, but I fight off my cravings with sugar free pudding made with skim milk. It's only 80 calories, high in protein and tastes really good when your hurting for chocolate....or vanilla......or pistachio.....butterscotch....etc, etc. The chocolate rice cakes are pretty good too and give you the crunch if that's important to you.
  • jamilla123
    Options
    Hey everyone.... hope everyone is doing great and had a fab weekend. So if anyone is looking for motivation please join my group and we can chat further. The group is called .... Need Motivation and Support to reach your goals?
  • Raerae1993
    Raerae1993 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I get cravings for sweets and other junk food even when it's not shark week. Just make room in your calories to have a brownie if you want it to the point that you can't stop thinking about it and enjoy it!! It won't affect your weight as long as you account for it. In my experience, eating other food to try to get rid of a craving for something specific rarely ever works. I just end up pissed that I didn't eat what I really wanted...and usually end up eating that too and then going over my calories.

Same story for me! I completely agree have a small portion of what you are craving and move on avoiding it makes me cranky and the foods i eat instead simply arent as good and dont help
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I made these brownies the other day. I could eat 1/9th of the pan for only 130 calories.

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/06/10/skinny-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/

I only used 3/4th cup of sugar and they were plenty sweet. Also, I subbed PB2 for the regular peanut butter to save on calories.

I also swear by these dark chocolate covered pomegranate pieces I bought at Target (I think they're called Brookside) You can eat 10 for about 100 calories.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I made these brownies the other day. I could eat 1/9th of the pan for only 130 calories.

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/06/10/skinny-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/

I only used 3/4th cup of sugar and they were plenty sweet. Also, I subbed PB2 for the regular peanut butter to save on calories.

I also swear by these dark chocolate covered pomegranate pieces I bought at Target (I think they're called Brookside) You can eat 10 for about 100 calories.
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I quit smoking, I left the cigarette butts laying around as a deterrent.

Tried the same thing when I tried to quit brownies. There is no such thing as brownie butts!

Seriously, though, the 100 cal chocolate snacks are good to keep around, as long as you limit yourself to ONE! (I am guilty of having a bad day and eating a six pack LOL). I sometimes get the WW candy bags, which are 1 or 2 WW points each and individually wrapped.

Thanks for the brownie recipe suggestions ladies!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Going through this right now. I had coffee and walnut cake on my brain most of yesterday afternoon and evening but managed to resist. Still having insane cravings for ice cream and cake. Same every month, but worse since losing weight. I just have some 81-85% dark chocolate and a dessert made with Greek yoghurt, peanut flour, stevia and banana bench press oats which can usually tide me over. If not, I cave and order in ice cream.
  • ellejay1214
    ellejay1214 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My co-workers like to bake, but then they bring all the goods to work and right now there are two trays of brownies, four kinds of cookies, and a bag of donut holes. I've come to the conclusion that donut holes aren't really that good and the cookies are too hard to get into... but those darn brownies... I broke down and had one and marked it in my tracker. I have plans to burn it off tonight with a fun workout video. That will be my prize for eating chocolate.
  • jbantau
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-brownies/

These are great and more healthy in my opinion. You wouldn't think so but no one would know they're made of beans. Gluten free for those concerned with that.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Brownie Skinny Cows!! 150 cals and very chocolately, would definitely help :)

I shockingly just had an "eat all things" craving when I had TOM, I don't usually get TOM because of medication so maybe it was 2 years of cravings rolled into one lol.
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do the Fiber One 90 calorie brownie thing during that time of the month when that craving comes along.
    Not as rich as your typical brownie but it makes up for it in calories!