New and Could Use Some Friends to Lose Weight With.

Options
Hi my name is Sarah. I’m relatively new to this. I’ve been at it now for a little over 3 weeks. I’m down about 8 lbs so far, but I have a long road ahead of me. I have decided to make the commitment to getting healthy and losing weight. I need to do this now before the bad habits that I have now can set in and make it that much harder for me to break. The cycle of obesity in my family needs to end, I need to do this for myself. I have a goal in my mind, and provided nothing happens that drastically changes my life, I intend to make it happen. I am very goal oriented and am very hard on myself when those goals aren’t reached.

All that being said I could use some help and encouragement. My parents aren’t all that helpful and my sister stays thin no matter what she eats, which is really annoying. Also most of my friends have no reason to lose weight or don’t have near what I need to lose. So in other words, feel free to add me.

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Hey Sarah! Congrats on being down 8lbs! That's an awesome start! Making the choice to get healthy & be healthy is awesome! We are here to support you!! I understand about not getting support from family. Please feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • JayD3612010
    JayD3612010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can understand where your coming from. I also have no support system. My family always wants to eat out. I hope we both can provide support for one another. Good luck!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    welcome, I have support but with people who don't understand how hard it is, anyone can add me the more support the better for this long journey
  • Terri8983
    Terri8983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sarah: I have been here a few weeks too and I am down 10 in total although my counter says 4 I was down 6 from the week before I logged on here. I can use some support too, so we can commiserate. Feel free to add me as we'll.:smile:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    I'm used & we could all use friends. Welcome aboard. anyone can feel free to add me who wants.
  • brydemarie
    Options
    Hey I to am looking for some friends to add to help me stay motivated so if any would like a new buddy please add me thanks
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Add me. Anyone on this thread can feel free to add me. We're all in this together.
  • netski19
    Options
    hi Sarah! Wow! 8 lbs? That's great. I've been using another website to track my calories and workouts but I think I'm gonna switch to myfitnesspal since I'm always looking up the nutrition value in this site anyway. I have been working out about three to four times a week but it's very discouraging because I haven't lost a single pound. I started keeping track of my calories about two weeks ago and I realized that I am eating more than I though. Hopefully I'll start to see some results, like you. Care to share any pointers?
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah, congrats on being down 8lbs and this is just the start. The first step is that you've decided to make a change. This is definitely a great site. Sending FR.
  • LunarGypsy
    LunarGypsy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah!
    Congrats on 8 lbs, that's a big deal! I understand not having support. My husband and family all eat enough for three people at one sitting and I have a hard time finding a sitter to get any good exercise in, so I am fighting the same battle! I did it before though and i'll do it again! Would love to be friends and lend support!
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! congrats on making this decision. Seriously mfp has been the best thing in the world for me and I'm sure it will help you too! I know what its like to get no support from your family, everyone in my life seemed to be telling me I was fine and that I didn't need to lose weight. The scales told a completely different story! I've been on mfp for 11 weeks and still going strong, it keeps you honest. Always happy to have another buddy to share the journey with! Anyone else feel free to add me too :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends and some mutual support.
  • tralowen
    Options
    Hi anyone and everyone, just starting the MFP, looking for support!!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 8 pounds gone! MFP is so fantastic in case you haven't realized that already! Feel free to add me!
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 8 pound mark!!!1 And I would love some new motivating friends, we can keep each other on track :D
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Good job to you-My MFP friends are great here-they bump you up when you need-i'm sending you a FR-
    :blushing:
  • Copequeen
    Copequeen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im new and I have a long way to go also
  • Natelywills
    Options
    Hi there. I'd love to be a diet buddy if you're looking for cheerleaders. I'm very honest but not mean and very accountable. My sister started the family on this road and she lost over 30lbs. She's been a great resource for me. I'd be happy to share some of her insights. I do know what it's like not to have support, though. My husband has been sporadic to say the least with his weigh loss and it's been discouraging at times but having people to talk to and work with on this site has made all the difference. I took a break and am back on it again. So far, I've lost 15lbs and am back on the horse so if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Good luck, you're ding the most amazing thing for yourself and for your family and you never know, if you start losing pounds and looking/ feeling fabulous, you might just encourage those around you to follow suit. That's the way it was for me!!

Take care!!
  • glidinglass
    Options
    Hi Sarah,
    Tonight is the first time I've been on here and I am also looking for a supportive myfitnesspal ally. Losing 8 lbs is terrific!! I'm happy for you. If you would like to continue this conversation let me know. I'm still trying to figure out all this site has for us. Either way, I wish you continued success!! :smile:
    Tammy