NYC Pizza Slice Calories unsure!

Options
So i want to still eat my NYC thin crust slice of Pizza now and then. But I'm really not sure how to figure out the calories. I am skeptical that a slice from a lage Pie is really only 230 claories like the database is telling me. Any suggestion? I just want to have a plain slice of pizza once and a while, you know durring that TOM when all you want it everything bad for you and on those clod rain filled days like today in NY.
HELP!

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    If this article is somewhat correct.... http://www.nytimes.com/1994/09/14/garden/eating-well-fat-by-the-slice.html

Then I would say 500-600 for a slice of plain pie (but OH so good :love: )
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    I feel the same. On a dreary day like today, gah this stupid weather, all I want is warm comfort food. My lunch was spinach spaghetti, red sauce, and trader joes turkey meatballs. Warm yummy food yet still somewhat healthy. I haven't had a NYC slice in months and I'm very proud of myself, considering I ate it 3 times a week before.
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for the article, i know a few of those places and can aproximate baised on the size of the slice i pick up. THANKS so very helpful
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't consider anything this or any other site or device for readings be it Calories burned or Calorie intake from stuff as the bible. I just use it for an estimate and try to keep it near. It's been doing ok for me, You want a piece of Pizza have one figure it's somewhere between 3 - 6 hundred calories per slice and ajust your workout to cover it also within that range (try for the top end though) I think you'll be fine.