Non-Food Related Date Nights

Options
My husband and I have gotten into the habit of date nights that consist of going out to eat and drinks after. Obviously this is sabotage. I need some ideas for date nights that don't involve food. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Go bowling. Good exercise, then you do not feel as guilty about eating out!

Mall walking is good, just steer clear of the food court, and it is fun to window shop.

I can't think of anything else, since my date nights are few and far between. :ohwell:
  • bpn80
    bpn80 Posts: 43
    Options
    Roller/ice skating
    Bowling
    Volunteer at a local food bank or animal shelter
    Walk around a museum or art gallery
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Dancing!
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of dancing! Skating...old school!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. Going out with my bf is almost always to eat and I don't do well at restaurants. I did roller skating but my guy has a bad leg so that didn't work out for him. We will try bowling soon. Also, game nights. We've played scrabble at home before but sometimes you just want to go somewhere. I know of a couple that have an urban hiking book and every weekend they try out a new spot to go on a nice sight seeing walk in the city. That sounds like a good idea to me. Or hit up some museums or live music somewhere and limit to a light drink and waters.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
    What kind of things do you enjoy?
    Do you guys like the same things?
    Is he active?
  • amandanilo
    amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have gotten into the habit of date nights that consist of going out to eat and drinks after. Obviously this is sabotage. I need some ideas for date nights that don't involve food. Any ideas? Thanks!

I just went to this place for a corporate party, but they host any number of people. You go in, pick a painting off the wall, and you and your husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/parents..whatever..and they teach you how to paint, step by step. This place had light food items (salads and mini desserts) and wine & beer. Oh, and a water bar. Fruit infused water.

I had a blast! It was fun and different.

This place is located in MA in Natick and it's called Palette's.
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    my boyfriend and i have painted pottery a few times! it's fun, relatively cheap and it gives you a chance to be creative and chit chat :)
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I second bowling or pottery painting. There are also places that the whole class makes a painting together - google sips n strokes. Send the kids elsewhere and have a bubble bath.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Dancing!

THIS....fun and burns a ton of cals!
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We like hiking, we LOVE parks (walks around the water, bike trails, Frisbee). We took swing dance classes for a while--something I would like to resume when life gets less hectic. Bowling is fun, ice skating is fun, wine tastings are about food/drink, but also about savoring, so that can work too. See a movie or a play.

On those nights when you really don't want to go running around and just want to spend time catching up over dinner, try and scout out a healthier place. A cute farm-to-table spot, a restaurant that has 4 or 5 options on the menu because they buy only what's local and in season--much more a conversation starter than a corporate chain, and the food is fresher.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Go Geo-Caching... I've never gone yet personally, but it is definitely on my to do list once the weather gets warmer! plus it's free!
  • NicholasBeecher
    Options
    cross country/downhill skiing, comedy club, museum, karoke,