Upping my calorie intake

Options
I'm going to try upping my calories to 1400 from 1200. I am a bit nervous about it. A lot of days I've been just fine at 1200, but now that i am trying to be more active and exercising I am hoping it will work out for the best. Wish me luck!

Replies

• sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi I did the same after two weeks and felt so much better I can train hard now and loose 2lb every 5 days since!
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Upping mine to 1550 from 1200 was the best thing i ever did! Good luck :smile:
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 1 week into upping my calories - BUT I'm also eating strictly clean. I am not weighing myself but I am already feeling the difference in my body. Good luck! It's hard at first to mentally wrap your head around it, but good I think at the same time because you take some of that pressure off having to eat so little everyday.
  • schlagers
    Options
    I upped mine from 1200 (usually less) to 1700. I just started a few days ago so I'm a little nervous as well. Good luck!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting there too. I don't think I eat enough.. esp with my workouts. I just cant' seem to do it. Some days I get above 1200, usually i'm at it or under it. I'm getting better. Slowly getting there.. It's getting easier to hit that 1200 mark, even getting 13-1400 some days. :~). I work out hard, so I know I need it.
  • grantsmommy
    grantsmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I upped mine from 1200 to 1500-1600. I never felt hungry at 1200, but I workout pretty hard so I decided I needed to up my calories. I notice a huge difference now that I have. I'm not tired like I was before and I have plenty of energy to get me through my entire workout. I'm also not as grouchy. lol
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Now that I've upped the calories should or should I not eat back the calories I've earned through exercise?
  • Echosapa
    Echosapa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I upped mine today too from 1200 to 1400. As far as eating back calories I figure as long as the net is over 1200 should be good.
  • agirl4me
    agirl4me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you up your calories, are you also eating back your exercise calories?

I'm at 1200 calories a day and burn like 300-500 calories a day 6x per week with my workouts. I'm losing slow like 1 pound every 2 weeks by eating at 1200 plus my exercise calories.

Two weeks ago I was on a cruise. Did about 350 a day in exercise calories....maybe a little more with the amount of stairs I walked (LOL). I didn't track calories, but I'm sure I was over by quite a bit every day. I got back and was down 2+ pounds.

So I'm wondering if I need to bump my calories, but I'm nervous.

Thoughts
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I upped mine from 1200 to 1500-1600. I never felt hungry at 1200, but I workout pretty hard so I decided I needed to up my calories. I notice a huge difference now that I have. I'm not tired like I was before and I have plenty of energy to get me through my entire workout. I'm also not as grouchy. lol

I did this also. And dropped 2.6 pounds in a couple of days after being stagnant for a couple weeks. Definitely try it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. If I'm hungry, i eat the calories, if not, i don't.